Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Config Error

Started by bud69gto, September 27, 2013, 01:56:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bud69gto

I'm looking for a little help to fix my config error. I'm a professional novice at computer repair and made a mistake within the config program. When I was in the music config program I accidentally entered incorrect text into the search mask and after that every time I try and open the config program I get a run time 380 error. I've tried completely removing the program and reinstalling and no luck. I can still start the jukebox program, but it has the old catalog even after removing the folder and doing a fresh install. I'm assuming that my mistake is somehow stuck in the registry? I'm running the Jukebox on a Windows 7 computer. I'm trying to avoid reinstalling my operating system as a last resort. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Barcrest

Quote from: bud69gto on September 27, 2013, 01:56:20 AM
I'm looking for a little help to fix my config error. I'm a professional novice at computer repair and made a mistake within the config program. When I was in the music config program I accidentally entered incorrect text into the search mask and after that every time I try and open the config program I get a run time 380 error. I've tried completely removing the program and reinstalling and no luck. I can still start the jukebox program, but it has the old catalog even after removing the folder and doing a fresh install. I'm assuming that my mistake is somehow stuck in the registry? I'm running the Jukebox on a Windows 7 computer. I'm trying to avoid reinstalling my operating system as a last resort. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Search the registry for E-Touch and you will find the registry settings. You can just delete the mask one of the whole thing and you will be good to go.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

bud69gto

I scoured the register and can't find a mask file. I found the E-Touch settings, but no mask file. I even tried deleting every e-touch entry in the registry, rebooted my computer and reinstalled and I still end up with the same error and the jukebox will still boot up and  have the old music files.

Barcrest

Quote from: bud69gto on September 28, 2013, 03:06:28 AM
I scoured the register and can't find a mask file. I found the E-Touch settings, but no mask file. I even tried deleting every e-touch entry in the registry, rebooted my computer and reinstalled and I still end up with the same error and the jukebox will still boot up and  have the old music files.

What version are you using?

Jukebox Stats...

bud69gto

v8.0.05 Beta 88 Error Trapped release.

Norman Marshall

You could try uninstalling in add and remove then deleting the E-touch folder in program files, then try a re-install works for me when things used to go tits up lol
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

bud69gto

I just used the Windows uninstall and removed it from the program folder. I rebooted the computer and did what I thought was a fresh install. I noticed something interesting when I went for the install. There must be a file that remembers everything because even after all the deleting it still remembered my information for registering minus my key.

bud69gto

We're making progress. I scrubbed my hard drive looking for files associated with e-touch and deleted everything in the registry again and my Config is now working. the only problem now is that the Jukebox doesn't retain the program key and I get an error when I click on Jukebox program telling me that something went wrong please reinstall the app. I can access the jukebox program by clicking on E-Touch a second time and re entering my program key.

Barcrest

Make sure you have installed the app outside of the Program Files folder, try C:\E-Touch\ and also make sure you are running it as admin.

Jukebox Stats...

bud69gto

The program is located in C:\E-Touch. I still get the error something went wrong please reinstall the app.

Barcrest

Quote from: bud69gto on September 30, 2013, 12:56:34 AM
The program is located in C:\E-Touch. I still get the error something went wrong please reinstall the app.

Did you delete just the E-Touch key or the key above it?

Jukebox Stats...

bud69gto

The Key to unlock the program disappears and i have to re enter it the everytime time I open the jukebox. I'm not sure I understand when you say the key above it?  It remembers my email address and my user name, but the program key is blank.

Barcrest

Quote from: bud69gto on September 30, 2013, 06:27:23 PM
The Key to unlock the program disappears and i have to re enter it the everytime time I open the jukebox. I'm not sure I understand when you say the key above it?  It remembers my email address and my user name, but the program key is blank.

Sounds like you might have an invalid key?

Jukebox Stats...