Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Run time error 13

Started by viper, November 21, 2008, 06:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper

I fixed my database with tag & rename and now I get Run time error 13 type mismatch. Any Ideas? I ran my database through mp3val and fixed errors but no luck. Im running XP.
Thanks in Advance
Viper

Barcrest

When are you getting the error? Sounds like you named a file .jpg and it's not actually a .jpg file. One of your covers i would assume.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

viper

it happens right when i start config. it does not allow to get into config. it is right when i click on it.
thanks
Viper

Barcrest

Try deleting the config.ini and see if it works then.

Jukebox Stats...

viper

Worked great. I still do not understand why some cds i rip have the tags and some dont. Even when you edit the info and click save it still doesnt save the info or will not put the disk in order. Do you know were the program looks for the tags?
Viper

Barcrest

Which program? Tag and Rename can get info from amazon or freedb something.

Jukebox Stats...

viper

I use Tag& rename, but where does freebox look for the titles and artist when it makes its list for display. I have ripped cds to my library and when freebox picks it up in config, it shows no artist and no title.why?

Barcrest

Because you have to have the tag fields populated in tag and rename. If you open up a track in tag and rename you will see you need to populate the artist, title and album name fields at least. Make sure you are putting these in the IDV2 tag and not the IDV1

Jukebox Stats...

viper

PS When I look at each track individually it has all the info,album, artist, track , year, genre. How do I tell if its idv1 or Idv2?In tag&rename it looks like in options its saving it as a ID3v2 tag. I don't understand all the different tag options. Is there anything that would tell me exactly what to do, as far as saving the files properly?
Thanks
Viper

Barcrest

Are your files mp3? I have a strange feeling you have ripped them as WMA.

Jukebox Stats...

viper

viper

Some are WMA files, do I need to convert them to np3 files?

Barcrest

Yes because freebox doesn't read the WMA tags correctly. What are you using to rip your CD's? I recommend audio grabber, it's fast an outputs directly to MP3. I suggest you re-rip your WMAs as mp3's as converting them usually results in quality loss.

Jukebox Stats...

viper

viper

I have tried mp3tag and tag&rename, and i cannot get those files after i have converted them to show in freebox with the proper tags. They all show up in the NO TAG section of the library. I have saved them every way i think i can. they are all mp3 files. Can anyone help me with the file conversion to a IDV2 tag so freebox will see them correctly?
Thanks in Advance
Viper