Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Run time error 13

Started by viper, November 21, 2008, 06:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigLa

I had a similar issue where tags weren't showing correctly, even though they looked fine in Tag & Rename. I rebuilt the database from scratch, and that solved the problem.

viper

What program did you use to rip the cd's. I was a dj and have too many to redo, but i could just do the one i like .
Thanks
VIper

BigLa

I've always used EAC (Exact Audio Copy) to rip CDs. It's free.
http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

viper

Does it rip them in the correct IDV format?

fish_boy12000

I use Freerip, again its free and configurable to match any ones set up. ;D

Barcrest

I use audiograbber and the lame mp3 codec.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

mjthompson

After blowing off my juke for a year and a half I'm going to start ripping my CD library. 

I'm going to try AudioGrabber with Lame but I'd like to get opinions on what bit-rate to use 128, 160, 192? 

Also, someone above mentioned to convert directly to MP3 but AG won't let me do this with an external (Lame) encoder. Am I doing something wrong?

Barcrest

Yes you are, you can rip to mp3. Click the MP3 icon at the top and select the option you want to make the mp3 file. I don't know if using the intermedary wav gives better quality or not. I would say you need to rip at least 128, ideally 192. I have loads at 128 and they are fine for my ears.

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

viper

Can you use Windows Media Player to rip them? Does anyone know of any problems with that program?