Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

G-Force Visuals

Started by Sparky23, October 26, 2009, 10:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparky23

I've been using G-Force for my visuals and everything is fine except for one thing. I can't get the track information to show up in the corner. If I use WMP by itself everything shows up fine but I use it with E-Touch all I get is the visuals. Is this just the way E-Touch is suppose to work? It's been that for me for a long time now and never really bothered me that much I've just been to lazy to ask.   ;)

bzpilot

No, it should all show up.  It'll also show album art if you have it embeded in the track (you'll still need the album art in the folder for E-Touch to use it).

This is my view from within E-Touch useing G-Force:

Sparky23

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to mess with it I guess. Any reason why it works with WMP alone and not in E-Touch?

Hitbig

I had the same problem but Checking "Show Track Info when a new track starts" in the Visualization Preferences and choosing "Always Displayed" in Track Text Duration worked for me.

eist1

Well I got G-Force to show the Internet Radio stream Artist and Song title, but if you leave it set to "Always Displayed" it continues to show the first Artist and Song it saw. It doesn't change from song to song (but WMP does chnage to the new artist and song title) also if you set it to display 1 minute it only shows the first song none after that. I imagine it'd because it is a continuous stream and not stopping and starting like an MP3 would. But WMP works fine (artist and song title change throughout play the stream), I'm not sure why G-Force just wouldn't pull the info from WMP rather than try to look at it itself. Let me know if anyone else sees the same problem, as maybe in later versions this is hopefully fixed. Thanks

Drben

Did you find any resolution to this problem? I am getting the same thing :(

Drben

nevermind, I found the solution. You need to start the g-force standalone program, then set your preferences, then exit that and run freebox and it should work fine. :)

Hitbig

I wonder why other than soundspectrum (g-force,whitecap, etc) is almost impossible
to find a visualization containing album cover art + artist + song tile + album name
I was searching for other option and I couldn't find any.
Some show only cover artr, some only tags, etc, never together.

No options I think.

fordman

How do you change anything in g-force? I dont see anything that lets you change any settings. I have read that when g-force starts up just right click but all I get are the WMP setting to change and not g-force.  ???

Fordman

bzpilot

When G-force installs it creates a Program Group "G-Force" - under that you will find "G-Force Toolbar" all settings are there.  Not sure if there is another way to get to it but that will get you to what you want.

eist1

With G-Force is the ID3 Tag info working for anyone else for the Radio Stations? It still just shows the first station info, and does not change when a new song comes on.

fordman

hmmmmmmm  No G-force toolbar or anything like it.

Did I miss something or a download?

??? ??? ???

Fordman

jukejohn

mine is the same i think options are available in the stand alone version

eist1

When in WMP go to the plugin options for G-Force, you should be able to change things there.

jukejohn

even under wmp options theres no settings or properties