Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Tapatalk Compatibility

Started by bzpilot, November 28, 2011, 04:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bzpilot

Have you thought about making this forum Tapatalk compatible?  It is the leading Forum App for both iOS and Android and its free for forum owners to integrate.

http://www.tapatalk.com

Barcrest

What benefits does that bring? I can already access it fine on my android phone using it's web browser.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Meph

Accessing it on a browser on your phone and using tapatalk can't even be compared.  Tapatalk formats the forums specifically FOR display on a phone.  You would have to see it.  I run tapatalk compatability on my forums but I also run Vbulletin.  Don't know if Tapatalk even supports SMF.

Meph

Actually I just looked and SMF is supported.

http://tapatalk.com/index.php

It takes about 10 minutes to setup, makes no changes to your forums, and provides a MUCH better browsing experience for phones and tablets.  Just my 2 cents.

draginit

i almost paid the 3 dollars to be able to use it over with the hyperspin forum,,but my new fone has a 4.3" screen and makes browsing full pages easy so didnt feel the need....however,,i hear its really good to use and i would prolly spend the 3 dollars if it works over here as well heh..
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

Meph

It doesn't cost anything on either end of it.  THe app is free on your phone and its just some files you add to your server, which are free.

Barcrest

Maybe i'll add it, there is some catch to using it though I am sure there is. Nothing is free and they do offer a paid version so i need to look into it a little more.

Jukebox Stats...

Meph

Actually it looks like I was wrong.  The you pay for the app on your phone.  I really don't remember buying, maybe it was one of the Amazon Marketplace Free Paid app of the day when I got it or something.  Its free for the forum owner.  There might be a trial of the app but its well worth it imo.

http://tapatalk.com/faq.php

Don't really mean to be a shill but they have an "awareness" packet on their site to copy and paste to another forum showing some features.  I'll post it below:

QuoteTapatalk is a forum app on the iPhone, Android, webOS, Windows Phone 7 and BlackBerry. Tapatalk Forum App provides super fast on-the-go forum access to majority of the discussion forums that has activated the Tapatalk plugin.

Showing New and Unread Thread with Avatar and Number of reply:

Images in the thread are converted to thumbnail and allow full-screen viewing

Ability to see Who's Online and what they are doing:

Ability to search by topics and posts:

Ability to upload images directly from Android and iPhone!:

Forum Moderation support:

Check out http://www.tapatalk.com for more information!

bzpilot

Quote from: Barcrest on November 29, 2011, 08:40:47 AM
Maybe i'll add it, there is some catch to using it though I am sure there is. Nothing is free and they do offer a paid version so i need to look into it a little more.

The catch isn't for the forum owner, it's the cost to the user. The user app for iOS and Android costs $2.99.  Small price to pay for it, if you ask me!  Many who are members of other forums will already have it.  The single app works for all forums which support Tapatalk.  Lots of nice functions for those who like to browse forum and follow threads while mobile.  I think it can only help traffic on here. 

squirrellydw

Bringing this back. Please add support
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

Novalak

Barcrest

Installed, don't know if it works. Still trying to get the forum all working as before.

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

Thanks now I just need to find it
Coffee is the man now

squirrellydw

Anyone find it on tapatalk, I can't find it
Coffee is the man now

Tamsy

If its implemented - Thanks Baz