Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Touch Driver Question

Started by markflickr, March 30, 2014, 08:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markflickr

I have just purchased 2 sound leisure and 1 herondata digital jukebox cabinets with screens and amplifiers. I intend to install a SFF pc in each. My question is will i have problems getting the touchscreens to work with windows 7 and etouch?
They are through glass type touch screens on serial data connection (not usb) they are generic makes too, not Elo.
Any ideas?

jukejohn

yes they are zytronic touch screens and no drivers for 7 only xp

Barcrest

XP is still fine to use for a standalone jukebox, If you are not making it web enabled you should be fine.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

markflickr

Ah damn,

Is it possible to replace the touch screen bit for one that is supported by windows 7? If so what would you recommend?

Mark.

Barcrest

actually looks like you can get drivers from here for all windows versions.

http://www.zytronic.co.uk/support/product-info/downloads/zytouch

Try those.

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

i have the driver for the screen your using at the mo which is for xp only think they have removed this driver
which is making it harder to track down of the net. if you require it let me know

if you want to replace the screen layer so to use windows 7 it would be very costly as its a capacative screen
which works behind glass most ones available of ebay or from china dont do this however the infered type
should do the same trick i do beleive coffee uses these so hes the man to deal with for this choice

:beer

markflickr

Quote from: Barcrest on April 03, 2014, 07:55:05 AM
actually looks like you can get drivers from here for all windows versions.

http://www.zytronic.co.uk/support/product-info/downloads/zytouch

Try those.

I tried the XP one for the 2 different types of controller it says it supports but neither work, cannot contact controller is error message...
Is it definitely a zytronic?

markflickr

I have a few cabinets i am working with currently, 2 sound leisure and 1 herondata. One of the soundleisure cabinets has a 3M touchscreen, only 15" though, the herondata i am unable to determine what make it is, phoned herondata and they were so unhelpful it was beyond belief. The third cabinet is a sound leisure same kind of monitor as the first (effinet) but different touchscreen, no identifying details except a sticker on the back saying Semicom Visual.

They exist as company and do produce touchscreen technology but annoyingly do not offer drivers for download.

I also have an NSM Evo cabinet without touchscreen and portait oriented screenprinted glass which i'd like to put a screen in.
Any thoughts / ideas??

Barcrest

Herondata have nothing to gain by helping you install rival software into one of their boxes and that is probably why they were so unhelpful.

I couldn't say what the others screens are as my sound leisure also has a 3M screen. Have you tried ELO drivers?

Jukebox Stats...

leeclark2612

Herondata one could be either 3m or zytronic, just depends what was available. All of ours use zytronic tho...

Barcrest

Do 3M make a touch through glass screen then? Herrondata have poor customer service even for their customers and the build quality is poor at best. The pub I know that had one took it out as the coin mech wasn't programmed for 50ps so they kept getting rejected and the touchscreen kept slipping down as it was secured by double sided tape.

Jukebox Stats...

markflickr

**Update**
I managed to get hold of the old V1.4 touchscreen driver, the Herondata screen is a zytronic TS stuck to the front of a converted monitor, bit of a bodge if i'm honest.
One of the sound leisures is also a zytronic but much more professional looking job, the other (a 15") is a 3M one.

leeclark2612

Been to herondata today for a 17'' screen for one of those jukeboxes, was given a 17'' office screen and told to stick my touch panel to it!

markflickr

I am surprised Herondata are still going to be honest. I'm half tempted to set up a rival operation and put them out of business, reckon i could snag all their punters on customer service alone...
On the flip side, i got a thoroughly positive reaction from Sound Leisure Tech support...
**sidenote** for clarity although i don't work in 'the business' now, i have done in the past for more years than i care to look back over so i can speak with some credence here

Barcrest

Quote from: leeclark2612 on April 15, 2014, 03:45:39 PM
Been to herondata today for a 17'' screen for one of those jukeboxes, was given a 17'' office screen and told to stick my touch panel to it!

This sounds about right for them.

Quote from: markflickr on April 16, 2014, 08:15:15 AM
I am surprised Herondata are still going to be honest. I'm half tempted to set up a rival operation and put them out of business, reckon i could snag all their punters on customer service alone...
On the flip side, i got a thoroughly positive reaction from Sound Leisure Tech support...
**sidenote** for clarity although i don't work in 'the business' now, i have done in the past for more years than i care to look back over so i can speak with some credence here

I'm surprised they are still going. They have a really simple business model, take old NSM cabs and tape in a touch through glass touchscreen, install a PC running their really basic software and away you go. Sound Leisure were really dragging their feet software wise but the new venue hub is a step in the right direction, they also acquired that 2 million song DB which was a massive boost for them.

Jukebox Stats...