Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Using etouch questions please

Started by mikehende, April 06, 2014, 12:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikehende

Hello, I was thinking of purchasing a commercial jukebox but this seems like it may work for me. I would like to ask all basic questions here in one thread to prevent from creating many multiple threads but if you guys think I should create separate threads for questions then please tell me?

Ok, first question would be to confirm that I would need to purchase a touchscreen pc to use with the etouch software and all of my music files would reside on the touchscreen pc's hard drive then I would connect my speaker system to the pc as normal? If yes then I currently use an automated music [Radio/DJ] software to play back music for me when I am hanging out so I load a playlist and it plays back the all tunes in the playlist with crossfading, with etouch can it work the same way or does it work like a commercial jukebox where there there would be a gap in between songs?

Shaggydo

first question would be to confirm that I would need to purchase a touchscreen pc to use with the etouch software and all of my music files would reside on the touchscreen pc's hard drive then I would connect my speaker system to the pc as normal?
yes, it works like that, you buy a touch monitor to use etouch as its suposed to be, but you can also use a regular screen and use the mouse, not a very atractive way to use it but also works. Your music files have to be properly tagged in order for them to show up correctly on etouch.

If yes then I currently use an automated music [Radio/DJ] software to play back music for me when I am hanging out so I load a playlist and it plays back the all tunes in the playlist with crossfading, with etouch can it work the same way or does it work like a commercial jukebox where there there would be a gap in between songs? For crossfading you need to contact barcrest about it, as im not sure if i should talk about fight club....

mikehende

So basically, this system would simply work like a commercial jukebox where you would load "albums" just that this is a touchscreen version? If yes then is there a limit to the amount of tunes you can include in an album?

Shaggydo

Quote from: mikehende on April 06, 2014, 03:54:33 PM
So basically, this system would simply work like a commercial jukebox where you would load "albums" just that this is a touchscreen version? If yes then is there a limit to the amount of tunes you can include in an album?
nope, the juke will take as much albums as you have, here in my home town i have one of the biggest collections , around 9000 cds, 2500 karaoke cds on wich a to z have around 1000 songs each album and few videos only 500 cds.

Barcrest

Quote from: mikehende on April 06, 2014, 12:16:34 PM
Ok, first question would be to confirm that I would need to purchase a touchscreen pc to use with the etouch software and all of my music files would reside on the touchscreen pc's hard drive then I would connect my speaker system to the pc as normal? If yes then I currently use an automated music [Radio/DJ] software to play back music for me when I am hanging out so I load a playlist and it plays back the all tunes in the playlist with crossfading, with etouch can it work the same way or does it work like a commercial jukebox where there there would be a gap in between songs?

Crossfading is possible.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

mikehende

Thanks for the info guys, I have a large library of music on an external drive  and cover art should not be a problem so I guess first thing I got to look for is a touchscreen in the size I will need, any limit on the screens size for this software?

Barcrest

No limit on screen size but you will want a skin that matches the resolution for the best look.

Jukebox Stats...

mikehende

looking at the different skins available, most of them are 1024x768, can you tell me what the largest recommended screen size should be please? Also, what are the benefits and requirements of a lifetime membership? Thanks.

Barcrest

Lifetime membership gives you access to the beta releases and some exclusive skins. There are some widescreen skins that I think are private for lifetime members created by Coffee. You can make your own skins so you can have any resolution you like really. It is more the aspect ratio of the screen that will dictate the skin you will want to use as opposed tot he resolution.

Jukebox Stats...

mikehende

Thanks, what are the requirements for lifetime membership and/or how do you sign up please?

Barcrest

Quote from: mikehende on April 08, 2014, 10:36:41 AM
Thanks, what are the requirements for lifetime membership and/or how do you sign up please?

Paypal details are on here.

http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/buy.html

:beer

Jukebox Stats...

mikehende

Ok, thanks for answering all the questions, I will sign up after purchasing the touchscreen.

Novalak

I would purchase the software and order your screen at the same time. U can use the app on a test PC while you wait - working out how to beat set it up etc.

In terms of gaps between your songs you can enable random to fill in the quiet periods if you like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikehende

I don't have a touchscreen of any sort so I will need to purchase one first. Speaking of "random", would this system work like the "free play" on a commercial jukebox? Meaning, when you are tired of selecting tunes, can you set it to shuffle through a specific playlist so you can sit back and relax and listen to music?

Next question would be, my existing library is divided in to categories like 80s dance 90s dance e.t.c with the categories each having hundreds of tunes so normally I would simply listed to only one category with my software shuffling though the songs of just one category for an entire evening, since etouch is designed for albums which would have maybe 20 tunes max, is there anything I can do to have a something like my current system?

Barcrest

Your current system will work. E-touch however does make good use of the tags for random play so you can set it to pick certain genres or years play from certain libraries and weight everything so you could say 40% hot hits and 60% dance and pop or even break it down even more using years etc. It does play the random songs when there is no user selected song set.

Jukebox Stats...