Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Using etouch questions please

Started by mikehende, April 06, 2014, 12:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikehende

Wow, this looks like exactly what I need, see main reason why I am looking into a system like this is, every weekend when we hang out, it is always up to me to play music and I am tired of taking requests and having to change playlists, even though I tell the guys to play whatever they want to hear they don't, main reason being they think my music software is intimidating or too much trouble to find and select tunes but I realize whenever we visit a bar they will line up to play the jukebox. This system should work nicely for me as it would solve 2 purposes, I can have the main functionalities as my current software and it will involve less work and headache for me to entertain.

Since the music side of things is taken care of, what is of key importance now will be the screen I should choose. Do you guys have a recommend screen size or type? A local guy has a 17 touchscreen already setup with etouch, it's an older screen which is square shaped, I am thinking it's a little too small but I am wondering if the square shaped screen might be more user friendly than today's widescreen? Any thoughts on these 2 issues please?

Barcrest

There are more skins for the none widscreen formats, you can get a 19" in the older non widescreen aspect ratio if you can find them which should be big enough. I have used 15" and those have been fine.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

mikehende

Thanks for the info, that will help me decide, one issue I hadn't though of is wall mounting, I guess it will not work to put a screen flat on the wall so I am guessing I will need some sort of tilt bracket facing upwards?

Barcrest

Quote from: mikehende on April 16, 2014, 12:59:36 PM
Thanks for the info, that will help me decide, one issue I hadn't though of is wall mounting, I guess it will not work to put a screen flat on the wall so I am guessing I will need some sort of tilt bracket facing upwards?

Yes so the user can see it easilly.

Jukebox Stats...

mikehende

how do you guys setup yours, wall mount or desktop?

Barcrest

I have a wall mounted sound leisure cab.

Jukebox Stats...

mikehende

Can I impose on you to ask for a pic of it please?

Barcrest

Not mine but this is the same one.

Jukebox Stats...

mikehende

Thanks! I am not understanding why there are 2 parts to the setup, are those 2 separate screens?

Barcrest

Bottom screen is the touchscreen top screen shows the videos, it also outputs to other screens.

Jukebox Stats...