Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Urgent Help Needed ! No Audio

Started by boogieknight, December 08, 2015, 08:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boogieknight

Hi guys, need some help with audio problems on a NSM Evo jukebox. I have a multimedia board that was connected to the motherboard via ethernet cable. Everything was working fine when running with NSM's own jukebox software, but now that l have installed Freebox Jukebox, l'm not getting any audio out. I'm not sure how to get the board to work with the main board. Im am running Windows XP.
I have attached a photo of the Multimedia board.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Mark Norville

I haven't got a clue about these so I am going to suggest something that will probably not work.

Have you tried running etouch with the motherboard with the Ethernet cable in or did you remove that entirely? If you did you might as well try and give that a go, BUT it is a shot in the dark.

I know Barry has one of these so he will be able to help more than I ever could, or there might be someone on later than has one of these.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mark Norville

Just also to add to this, it is bad netiquette to open two threads on the same subject within a few hours of each other. You have posted two threads regarding your audio.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mark Norville

I just found this on google, so might be worth a shot

hi the nsm evo sends the sound from the mother board via the lan port to a decoder card that's linked to them amp , the to get sound you will need to connect to the green port on the motherboard . however you cant use the nsm amp ,

boogieknight

Im going to try and connect the audio out from the motherboard via a jack to phono to see what happens. If l cant use the internal amp, what suggestions does anybody have. Also, l cant see the two threads made by myself on this subject. Thanks

Mark Norville

http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=5646.0

Case closed your Honour, the prosecution is recommending the firing squad in this matter ;)

MassBoost

The etouch software I'm sure is not set up to run audio ported through the LAN which is probably your first problem. A regular line-level signal might overload the phono inputs. Also, the built-in phono preamp could apply equalization to reverse the RIAA curve records are recorded with, so either way you might have problems.

Barcrest

That amp will not work without some type of driver, I would guess your only option it to use the audio out on the motherboard. If you need an amp in the jukebox you can use a 12v car amp and run it from the PC power supply. If you are using the stock NSM pc then you will certainly need a more powerful PSU to do this.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

MassBoost

You could probably run a car amplifier, but probably not a very big one otherwise you run into an amplifier that draws more amperage then your PSU's 12 volt rail can handle. If you do use a car audio amplifier with a higher amperage draw you might have to spend some good money for a dedicated power supply.

Risim

Like Barry  said these amp s need  sometype of driver. I had same thing happen with touchtunes amp.

Barcrest

Quote from: MassBoost on December 09, 2015, 09:35:21 AM
You could probably run a car amplifier, but probably not a very big one otherwise you run into an amplifier that draws more amperage then your PSU's 12 volt rail can handle. If you do use a car audio amplifier with a higher amperage draw you might have to spend some good money for a dedicated power supply.

I have run car amplifiers before without issue, you just need to make sure the power supply is rated high enough. Personally i would just go with an external amp as this gives you much more flexibility and isn't a problem with a wall unit. If it's floor standing with it's own speakers then i would go the car amp route.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

boogieknight

Hi Barcrest, can you give me an idea on what the ideal car amp would be on a budget.  I have a pair of Acoustic Energy 100 series, 75w @ 6ohm speakers & my PSU is 400w. The jukebox is wall hung too, so no problem mounting the car amp to the side.  Appreciate all the help, thank you.

Mark Norville

You need to give an indication on what YOUR budget is, it is no good saying just on a budget as your budget could be £10 or £100 prices often vary and going through something and selecting things to which are over priced for your budget is annoying, when people could just say I have a £50 budget etc.

Regards

Mark

Risim

Im interested in this also.  I am heard of people using car amps but don't know which one or how to give a steady 12v.

MassBoost

Quote from: Barcrest on December 09, 2015, 03:06:30 PM
Quote from: MassBoost on December 09, 2015, 09:35:21 AM

I have run car amplifiers before without issue, you just need to make sure the power supply is rated high enough. Personally i would just go with an external amp as this gives you much more flexibility and isn't a problem with a wall unit. If it's floor standing with it's own speakers then i would go the car amp route.
If you have a floor standing unit with some build in speakers he'd be fine as he could get away with a 100 watt amp or less. Theoretically something like that should only draw 8 amps maxed out which a solid power supply should handle. But if he plans on driving several external speakers then an external amp would probably be a better option, otherwise you can spend some money finding a power supply that can safely provide 20, 30, 40 amps or more dependent of the wattage of the amplifier. Either way it can be done however you want to, it just a matter how much you want to spend.  ;)