Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Urgent Help Needed ! No Audio

Started by boogieknight, December 08, 2015, 08:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MassBoost

Quote from: Risim on December 10, 2015, 12:28:51 AM
Im interested in this also.  I am heard of people using car amps but don't know which one or how to give a steady 12v.
It all depends on a few factors. Do you have your own speakers, how many, what's the impedance of them, and what the wattage they can handle? Also are you just going for some easy solid listening, or do you want to just crank on it some or all the time? You could have any where from a small 2 channel 50 watt amp, or a huge 6 channel 600 watt amp. You could go out and get a just 400 watt PSU to power a PC plus an 50 watt 2 channel amplifier no problem by drawing the 12 volt source off of one of the molex connectors on a PC PSU. If you have a bigger amplifier then you might need a bigger PC PSU or a dedicated power supply.

Quote from: boogieknight on December 09, 2015, 10:28:39 PM
Hi Barcrest, can you give me an idea on what the ideal car amp would be on a budget.  I have a pair of Acoustic Energy 100 series, 75w @ 6ohm speakers & my PSU is 400w. The jukebox is wall hung too, so no problem mounting the car amp to the side.  Appreciate all the help, thank you.
You could get a 50 watt amp no problem, 100 watt amp would probably be max or even pushing it depending on how much amperage you PC is pulling. What motherboard or processor do you have, how many harddrives, any PCI/PCIE video cards, ect? I know alot of the Duo core processors pull around 65 watts, some of the newer Intel i7 pull 95 to 130 watts, even some of the older ones that aren't as efficient can pull upto 100 watts. Basically you need to know what you settup is to figure out the possible power consumption you might have.