News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Any buying tips for a NSM wall mounted jukebox?

Started by Mark Norville, April 12, 2016, 01:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Norville

Hi Guys,

I am toying with the idea of buying a NSM jukebox I know a few of you have these but am looking for any buying tips or restoration tips, as obviously I do not want to pay a monthly subscription.

What price should I be looking at for a cab?
What do I need to do to get a new pc in there up and running

General things like that.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

I went for a sound lesiure unit, it was just a case of pulling out the crappy low spec PC and installing a cheap SFF pc that I also got of ebay for something like £30 and installing the O/S and touch screen drivers. Mind wasn't a touch trough glass screen as it was an older video surfer model but that did mean it has the second screen. It also made it much easier to get the drivers up and running.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

I have seen a couple now on ebay one cheap price but might not have the money for yet, but then I see them for around £600 how much did you pay for yours?
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

I paid £400 for mine but you can get them cheaper. These all seem good deals...

Fixed price but a bit dated, if you get both bite his hand off.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/sound-leisure-jukebox-/262363623101?hash=item3d16172ebd:g:sygAAOSwgApW~DMD

Nice smaller modern cab.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Starburst-Juke-Box-/222077069484?hash=item33b4d328ac:g:W5wAAOSwsN9XBSIz

If you see coin op dealers selling them you can normally talk them down especially if they have a few for sale they usually want them gone as they are taking up valuable storage space. This is why the first one of these 2 might sell you one of those for £150 or if it's the 2 for that price (It's not very clear but unlikely) then offer him £200 for the pair.

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

If i had the transport i would get this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wall-mounted-touchscreen-digital-jukebox-Coin-operated-Spares-or-repairs-/252349798269?hash=item3ac138577d:g:oH0AAOSwgApXCRw5

It's fully working and with an Ipac you can hook up those coin mechs pretty easily. It isn't the prettiest but it's a bargain even if you just stripped out the parts.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Quote from: Barcrest on April 12, 2016, 02:08:38 PM

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wall-mounted-touchscreen-digital-jukebox-Coin-operated-Spares-or-repairs-/252349798269?hash=item3ac138577d:g:oH0AAOSwgApXCRw5

It's fully working and with an Ipac you can hook up those coin mechs pretty easily. It isn't the prettiest but it's a bargain even if you just stripped out the parts.

I saw that one YUCK you have no taste, I thought it was ugly as hell.

You have seen the one that I wanted I just haven't got the money yet so I cannot put a bid in for it :(

Barcrest

Quote from: Mark Norville on April 12, 2016, 02:12:00 PM
Quote from: Barcrest on April 12, 2016, 02:08:38 PM

I saw that one YUCK you have no taste, I thought it was ugly as hell.

Yeah as I said it's not the prettiest but you wouldn't get the parts for the price they want for that, it's all about how much work you want to do your self and how much you want to spend. I like the Digital Storm and max fire cabs as they are quite small but people seem to want too much money for them normally converted to some 3rd party software already.

Jukebox Stats...

berrywell

Isn't the biggest problem with converting those Sound Leisure Jukeboxes finding the touch screen driver for them?

I too keep looking at these on E-Bay and I am so tempted, I've even put in some bids in the past couple of months but have been out-bid.
Thing is I just fear not being able to find Windows 7 drivers for the touchscreen and having a very pretty but expensive brick.

I wouldn't want to re-use Windows XP again as I like the online features of E-Touch.

Mark Norville

Plenty people here have the drivers, I was sent drivers for my touch screen from here, and sometimes works and sometimes don't, but a couple of reboots and it kicks in.

You can always put a monitor in there and other parts as obviously that is what it is. Just like a pc case.

Barcrest

The sound leisure ones tend to have mainstream touchscreens so the drivers shouldn't be a big issue. YMMV

Jukebox Stats...

berrywell

Quote from: Barcrest on April 13, 2016, 07:36:51 AM
The sound leisure ones tend to have mainstream touchscreens so the drivers shouldn't be a big issue. YMMV

That's good to know, I may take a bit of a punt on one and see how it works out.

Mark Norville

I just checked this morning, that star bust cabinet ended up at £310 with £40 postage, so £350 in the end. Quite expensive compared to the £150 that I paid for a arcade/touch cabinet. I will still keep an eye open now, as I might just turn my cab for games.

Would be ideal if can find one of those dual screen jobbies, it is either that or trying to build a cabinet, although my wood working skills are crap, but would be a lot cheaper.

Barcrest

Couldn't find any decent pictures, it's this one i have. Mine still has the touchscreen in the bottom obviously.

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/sound-leisure-video-surfer-jukebox-518722489

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...