Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Visualizations in V4?

Started by jacktucky, April 15, 2008, 05:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacktucky

Is there info on how to do visualizations in V4?  I was using Winamp.  Do I still use that?

=J

eist1

V4 uses Windows Media Player Visualizations. So what ever you have setup as the Visualization in WMP will be your Vis in V4. So to set the Vis you want, just open WMP and choose the Vis, and then Save/Close WMP and when running V4, that should now be your Vis.

jacktucky

BigLa

I'm wondering about this as well. I don't really care for any of the viz options in WMP 11, and I'd much prefer to use Milkdrop. I tried to set it up in Winamp, and enabled the option in Freebox, but it's still using the WMP 11 viz. Has this option been confirmed to work in V4? I also recall reading someone having trouble getting it to work on a later version of Winamp. The version I'm trying to use is Winamp 5.53.

At the moment I'm running a single monitor setup, but will eventually be going to a dual-head setup when i have the energy.

Thanks.

Barcrest

To be honest winamp was only put in as a request by McCoy to show milkdrop on a second screen. Someone said there is a version of milkdrop for WMP somewhere but i can't remeber the link. Now we are using WMP you will need to use those visuals... There are others apart from the default ones out there if you look for them. Once you have one you want you need to set it in media player befor launching freebox. Freebox will then use the vis set in WMP.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

BigLa

Fair enough. I'll make due with the WMP offerings.

Thanks.

Sparky23

Why don't you try out G-Force visuals. They are MUCH better than the ones that come with WMP.

http://www.soundspectrum.com/g-force/

BigLa

bzpilot

Quote from: Sparky23 on July 07, 2008, 07:25:14 PM
Why don't you try out G-Force visuals. They are MUCH better than the ones that come with WMP.

http://www.soundspectrum.com/g-force/

These would be pretty cool for those of us with embeded album art!

Barcrest

Have to pay for those but they do look good i am getting the demo to check them out now.

Jukebox Stats...

bzpilot

Quote from: Barcrest on July 07, 2008, 08:45:34 PM
Have to pay for those but they do look good i am getting the demo to check them out now.

Was getting the album art to come up with the visualizations when useing WMP directly, but it wasn't coming up through Freebox, anyone else duplicate?

Barcrest

I can't get the tags or album art to show but the vis is so good i don't really mind.

Jukebox Stats...