Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

noob with tag question

Started by Spock, June 22, 2008, 03:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spock

:tommy
I did try to find an answer to this and I have spent time trying to figure it out for myself.  I don't like to think of myself as stupid but here goes.  I have a couple of albums that I downloaded (yes legally) and I have them running in freebox.  Here is the problem the cover shows but no Artist or album title.  If you click on the cover as normal the track titles show as normal (no problem there).  I have been trying Tag & Rename and put in the album title and Artist.  I think I am doing it right but obviously not because I then update the database and I stll get no Artist or Album.  Any chance someone could help me?
Thanks so much.
Spock

squirrellydw

do you have the k-lite codec pack installed?  If not install that and see if that helps

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_lite_codec_pack.htm
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

draginit

in the apperance setting in options, theres a box says show album/artist names..  try that, altough i tried it on my juke and nothing changed. but you never know.
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

Spock

thanks draginit and squirrell.....tried both......nothing.   I have 50 albums loaded so far and only 2 are doing this,,,,,  AC/DC Highway to Hell and Billy Joel Greates Hits Vol 3....kind of weird.

Barcrest

Ok so you are not seeing the artist and album name in album view? But when you select the album you see the info on the track listing screen? That is what i think you are saying..

What config are you using to build your library? Sounds like that isn't reading the tags correctly if you have them formatted correctly. What Version tags do you have. Ideally they should be V2...

If you are using a config other than config3 then try that and see if that fixes the issue.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Spock

;)
thanks for the suggestion Barry, I have not had time to check (kid's baseball games, going to Indians and Giants game last night) I will after work and let you know.
Live Long and Prosper
Spock

krjamk

I am having this same issue with config3. Has this ever been resolved. I never used to have the problem until I did a recent update to a newer version. I did notice that checking one of the albums it was ID3V1 tags. Would this make the differance? I haven't had a chance to change them or check the other albums that were having this issue but I will let you know.

Barcrest

The tags need to be ID3V2 tags, you can copy the ID3V1 in Tag N Rename.

Jukebox Stats...

krjamk

I redid my tags and was able to get the albums with no artist or title to now show up in config. I am now still showing several albums that are not showing an album title though. I have checked and they are all updaed tags and all have the same title within the folder. Any ideas? There is a mix of various artist albums as well as single artist albums.....

Barcrest

You need to make sure that all the files in the same folder have the same album name for the tag.

Jukebox Stats...

krjamk

They do all have the same album name. I even checked for Puncuation.

Cary_B

I hate to ask this, but are you fixing the tags, then rebuilding the library? Or are you deleting it and starting over?  I found most of my problems with wrong info in the library was from fixing tags, etc., the just rebuilding over the old library.  I fixed that by deleting all info on the old library, then starting the build from scratch.  Can't hurt.

krjamk

I thought I had tried this before but I know I didnt the last time i redid the library. I will give it a try and let you know. thanks!!

Barcrest

Don't forget it's config 4 now, not config 3... Config 4 replaces my config 3. I also include frosty's config 5 with the builds as before.

Jukebox Stats...

acejas

Maybe of help as Ive just noticed something with my collection & Tagging.

I have Christine ag albums and noticed one was missing. I could search and find the album but it "was not" listed in main screen. However scrolling around I noticed the album appeared under album name, not artist. ie Back to Basics was the artist and album name. When I clicked on album, everything looked ok (all tags as they should be.

I go into Tag & Rename (i have my music \artist\album ) and load all albums and noticed the offending album doesnt have the artist in the header but has all the idtag info there. So I highlighted the album and typed in Chrisntina Ag so it appeared in the artist. Rerun the database and now all is ok.

My question is, I thought the naming come from the tag itself and not the album? Im a bit lost but somebody maybe able to shed some light

Spock, check out your albums using tag & rename as it might solve your problem.
cheers