Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

batch program to rename ALL album art

Started by squirrellydw, August 03, 2008, 10:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirrellydw

Can anyone recommend a program I can use to rename all my album art to COVER?  I would like to be able to run the program and have it rename the jpg files and keep the in the same directory?  I thought I saw something posted here before but I can't find it.

I should also mention that the jpgs are NOT all the same name.
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

squirrellydw

or I need a batch program that will rename .jpgs to another name, not format.  I have all my music organized under, MUSIC/ARTIST/ALBUM/TRACK NAMES   In my album folders I have my album art .jpgs that are all named differently and I would like to name them all the same.  So what I need is a simple program that will run through my music directory and through all the subfolders and whenever it finds a .jpg image it renames it to COVER or whatever I choose.

Hope someone can help me

Thanks
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

If no one can offer you a solution i will add it as an option to the config for the next release....

A Checkbox that says copy&rename first art found. It will then take the first jpg it finds and copy it with a rename to cover.jpg and it will then resize that if you have that option set. Maybe someone will offer a solution using IRFANVIEW or something but if not then i can add that option if you like.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Lave Laar

This batch should do it.  Run it from your root music folder.  If you have more than one jpg in a folder, of course only one will be renamed.

FOR /F "tokens=*" %%G IN ('DIR /b /s *.jpg') DO ren "%%G" cover.jpg

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

thanks lars, I will try it out. 

Barry I think you should still add that as an option.  That way you know the album art is all named the same and when you have the config resize it it will all be resized.  Only about half of mine were resized since not all of them were named cover.
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

I knew you would say that.... LOL... Ok i will get it in for you.

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

;D  Thanks Barry, you are The Man   :beer
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

I think we are approaching the end now.  :'(

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Actually i will have to run thisthrough beta with you, because i want to get the automatic cover downloading working when you generate the database. So you can have the check box and if that cover is missing it will try and download it for you. I have the code half implimented but i want it to be included all in so i can get this config completed once and for all.

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

will it show me the cover it is downloading and what the name of the artist and album is?  If so get to work on it and I will test it out.  I have all my music backed up so if something gets messed up its not a big deal.
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

This is why i never overwrite any of the users files and why the tag editor isn't enabled.

It offers you a choice of covers if it finds them and you can pick. It will save it as cover.jpg and it only offers you this option if cover.jpg doesn't exist. (Cover.jpg can be whatever you call it).

There should not be any overwritting of any files.

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

Coffee is the man now

squirrellydw

Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

Probably have a beta ready for tomorrow... Unless i don't end up going the pub tonight in which case i'll probably have it ready later tonight.

Jukebox Stats...