Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

best way to get album name if I know the artist and song

Started by Jeff22, November 12, 2008, 04:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff22

My girlfriend really likes my jukebox and wants me to add some of her songs to it.

The problem is her music isn't very well organized and a lot of her songs are only artist and song name with no album listed.  It's about 500 Mp3 songs this way.

Is there an easy way to find the album name for each artist and song?  I am using Itunes right now and it's not working so well.

Jeff22

Ok looks like Tag and Rename is the Program most of you use.  Does anyone know if the 30 day free trial is a full version or are some of the features removed?

Will it find Albums with only the Artist and Song title?  It looks like most of you use it to find song titles that are missing but already know the Artist and Album. 

Cary_B

Good luck with just the little info you have to go on.  T & R will sort of help you out, you can search for an artist, without an album name, and it will list all the albums it finds for that artist.  Then you can click on a title and see the tracks on that album.  Find one with your song listed, and you can tag it that way.

In your case, I might be tempted to just group all songs by one artist together, tag them all with the album name singles, and give them sequential track numbers.  You will end up with a whole bunch of Albums named Singles, by different artists, but all the music would be tagged.  Just a thought.

Barcrest

Personally i would split them up into folders so you have about 20 or 30 in each.

c:\Mp3\Girlfriend 01\track01.mp3

Then just give them an album name of something like Girlfriend compilation 01...

That way they will be in there and it will be fairly easy.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...