Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

WMA (DRM) files from napster...

Started by leeclark2612, August 18, 2009, 07:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leeclark2612

Barcrest (or anyone with the knowledge), As a napster member, i've downloaded every song from 1952 upwards. They all play in WMP. Will they work in e-touch if I tag them using the non-mp3 tagger?
Cheers in advace...
Lereclark2612

Woody

Lee,

My experience has been that once you setup the file association in windows and can get media player to play the files all else works as advertised, It is a pain in the ass to have to tag all the file but it does work and is the best jukebox program arround.

Woody

leeclark2612

I have no doubt in my mind at all that this is the best around, checked out all the others berfore i bought into this jukebox...keep up the good work Barcrest! ( and everyone else behind the scenes )...

Got a few of the wma files to work, now have to re-structure the 10,000+ files as they're all in d:napster...what a PITA! It'll be worth it in the end though...

fordman

With DRM's do the files become un-accesable after a period of time? I thought that was the whole purpose of DRM's was to have the files for your use and then after you havent played the files or after a time limit, they become un-usable and then you have to re-purchase the file again.

Am I Wrong?  ???

Fordman

Barcrest

If you buy your albums from amazon they are just MP3 format, a lot easier but probably more expensive.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

leeclark2612

Fordman - you're spot on there, they do have a 'validity period', but if you log in to napster once a month it automatically resets the 'timer'. I have no problem paying £10 a month for music from every era there is; i'm a mobile dj too so that comes in really handy!

Barcrest - You were also right, it's pretty damn expensive for me as a dj and juke user to pay for every album...