Main Menu

XBMC Media Center

Started by Hitbig, December 14, 2009, 03:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hitbig

What's your opinion on this software???
http://xbmc.org/

kizer

I use it on my Home Theater system. Works awesome, but the MP3 support is nothing more than a player, but movie wise in a Non Jukebox Environment it can not be beat.

I can take some video of mine in action if you or anybody needs a looksee. ;)

I currently have a AsRock Ion 330 which is a
Dual Core 1.6 that I've overclocked to 2.1ghz
2gigs of ram
Linux Unbuntu
Dvd player
120gig internal drive

All of that plays in 1080P on my Big screen. All my videos are stored on the network in Divx, Xvid and half of them are DVD's .iso files that I striped out the extras and various audio tracks so they all play in English in Dolby Digital 5.1

This is an odd build I had installed, but it works great. Of course I've since upgraded to a new machine and several versions of the App and a different skin.

http://s499.photobucket.com/albums/rr351/links4jeeps_kizer/computer/?action=view&current=IMGP1707.flv
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

kizer

Damn that video is old and runs a bit slow. hahaha
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

Sucks balls compared to what we have jukebox wise now it's too dated
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Quote from: Barcrest on December 15, 2009, 12:56:46 AM
Sucks balls compared to what we have jukebox wise now it's too dated

Yeah as a Jukebox I would seriously avoid it. Even video wise as a Juke I would avoid it. I only use it as a click, click play now device. My 4 year old boy can look through my entire movie library and say that one. I click it and it plays.

At best for music it can only do playlists. For me Playlists are so Winamp days. ;)