Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

WMP Wont play tracks

Started by Risim, October 09, 2010, 12:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Risim

Does anybody know why WMP wont play some tracks.  It says that file extension not recognized but they are mp3.  The wierd part is that these tracks play fine in winamp. Any Ideas!! ??? ??? ???

Shaggydo

you could uninstal winamp or try to setup wmp to be your default player...

eist1

Also try installing a codec pack.

leeclark2612

I found a few of my tracks had somehow ended up with the .mp3 part as .MP3 - this stopped them playing in WMP...

Barcrest

Quote from: leeclark2612 on October 21, 2010, 08:37:30 AM
I found a few of my tracks had somehow ended up with the .mp3 part as .MP3 - this stopped them playing in WMP...

That really is odd, i have never seen that happen.  ???
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Quote from: Barcrest on October 21, 2010, 09:16:29 AM
Quote from: leeclark2612 on October 21, 2010, 08:37:30 AM

That really is odd, i have never seen that happen.  ???
Whoo!! Me too let me check my files see if thats the problem. I'll keep you updated! :beer

coffee

Don't think it is the extension causing your problem.
My advice: Locate the files that is not playing and use a MP3 coverter software and just convert them to mp3 again. This should work 100%.
I also had these tipe of problems in the past but now I always run my new songs though a mp3 or avi converted and I never have this tipe of problems. I always try to make everything "Constant bitrate" and I always remove any embedded artwork.

Barcrest

Quote from: coffee on October 22, 2010, 05:59:50 AM
Don't think it is the extension causing your problem.
My advice: Locate the files that is not playing and use a MP3 coverter software and just convert them to mp3 again. This should work 100%.
I also had these tipe of problems in the past but now I always run my new songs though a mp3 or avi converted and I never have this tipe of problems. I always try to make everything "Constant bitrate" and I always remove any embedded artwork.

Problem with this is you will loose fidelity by converting them.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...