Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

XBOX KINECT

Started by lockers90, March 25, 2011, 02:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lockers90

hey guys

think about this a 100" projector, projecting onto a plain wall.

an xbox kinect controller built into the wall.

a person controlling etouch through kinect

i know this is a bit of a wierd one but i know it can be done

what do you think?

Summer On The Beach, Winter In The Mountain
:D

mahkeymike

I think the problem would be your body, hand, and finger blocking the projector.You would probably need to use a regular monitor or a tv and get a screen protector.

lockers90

or you could set up a rear screen projector

or virtualy 4ft away and projecting more vertically

Barcrest

This is possible for much less money, just use a wii controller. You have to make an IR stylus for it but it's much cheaper... Alternatively there are ways to make it work by shining IR though plexi and rear projecting onto the plexi. If you want to go more expensive look up the interactive whiteboards (Smartboards) they have one with a top down projector so you don't block the image. Actually we have some here that i have used E-touch on, maybe i should snap a video... You can get the touch boards cheapish second hand if you look on ebay.

Here is one...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SMARTboard-680-Interactive-board-Board-only-/170618755066?pt=UK_BOI_Office_Equipment_Supplies_Presentation_Projection_Accessories_ET&hash=item27b9ab97fa

In the image you can see a top down projector. If you want to go big this is the best way to do it.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

lockers90

Hi Barry

i understand what your saying but i think the coolness of wireless controling it with you hands just like on minority report would be absolutly amazing ;D

Barcrest

Well not touching the screen at all would be cool but i am not sure how acurate it would be.

Jukebox Stats...

lockers90

hey barry

take a look at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-wLOfjVfVc&feature=related

it could be easily done even without a projector. just link it upto a 32/42 tv screen.

this combined with etouch would be amazing

Barcrest

Hmmm looks cooler than it actually would be in practice. I think a proper touch interface would work much better in practice, nice proof of concept though.

Jukebox Stats...