Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

WMP Version??

Started by Risim, October 11, 2011, 10:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Risim

What version of WMP should we be usingh?
I ask b/c I'm having trouble with one of my jukeboxes it freezing up on the vizualization screen.  I have this jukebox setup for auto full-screen for karaoke but when there audio playing the viz show up and sometimes freezes.  I have a fresh xp service pack 2 on with the default wmp.

Risim

I fooling around with this and found something curious.  I notice that sometimes karaoke words would scroll slow and not fluidly.  I kept fooling around and found that if there isn't any song in queue the words scroll right but as sone as you put a song in queue the words slow down and almost freezes on you.  ANd at karaoke end it does freeze on you and wont switch to next song. Keep in mind I'm using single screen mode for now on all my jukeboxes.

Risim

Still working on this it'll be an alnighter.  It seems that everything slows down a tick when a song is playing even swipe function stuters.  Has to be the link with wmp?  I know you guys are sleeping I'll wait patiently, thank in advance  :beer.

Barcrest

This is a problem but without a faster machine there is no fix.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

So its my setup then? (MOBO)  I thought maybe upgrading my wmp.  What a bummer! :downer

Risim

I give up client will just have to wait a extra day.  Did a new install from scratch and Now it crashing on me!!

bzpilot

Quote from: alemar02 on October 12, 2011, 12:27:53 AM
So its my setup then? (MOBO)

I think the limits you are seeing are more related to video card processing limitations.  Seems E-Touch runs pretty well on anything from around a Pentium 2 1.0GHz and up as long as you have a speedy video card.  But you'll see similar problems to the one's you are seeing even on a P4 3.4GHz machine with a slow video card.  I'd try a better video card in one of your machines and see if it helps.  There are some decent older cards out there that will do what you need for around $20-$25.

If you could post what video card you are currently using in your machines, and whether it is on-board, or in a slot.  Also wouldn't hurt to know the processor and amount of RAM.

Risim

I'm using a intel atom 1.6 with 1 gig of memory and its using on board video. 

I have another mobo but its the same procesor but the board is intel and the one above is a biostar or something.  All my jukeboxes are mini-itx intel atom most are 1.66.  I use them for space issues on my conversion.

bzpilot

Quote from: alemar02 on October 12, 2011, 01:04:34 AM
All my jukeboxes are mini-itx intel atom most are 1.66.  I use them for space issues on my conversion.

I think most mini-itx have one PCI-E slot, I'd try putting a cheap card into it and not using the on-board video.  I think you'll get the performance you need doing this.

I use an ATI Radeon X600 Pro low profile PCI-E 256MB card and it works great.  No problems with video, karaoke, visualizations and it's capable of running dual screens.  I picked it up online for $20.

Risim

Thanks I'll try one out but again it'll have to be an external video card due to space issues.  I've been putting this off for a while to get more jukeboxes out but I'll guess I have to do it now.

I fixed the swipe effect it has no stuter now even with song in queue.  The problem was a plugin that I use for wmp (DFX).  I jst disabled the interface but kept the plugin working again visual that why I know your right about the video card. 

I'm done for tonight I'll just tell the client when using karaoke they must not have anything in queue.  For now until I get video cards, Thanks again guys. :beer