Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

XP and Videos

Started by Norman Marshall, October 23, 2011, 01:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norman Marshall

Ive finally finished converting and retagging all my videos to mp4 in order to normalize the sound with mp3gain, But im so desperate to get xp back on my juke so i can use the karaoke part in e-touch,
My question is will wmp9 in xp play mp4's well or am i gonna have to still go lookin the the rite codec to play that particular mp4?
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

bzpilot

Just download the K-Lite Codec Basic package from here: http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm
It will have everything you need.  Yes, you could install the Standard, Full, or Mega pachage from the link too, but I haven't run into anything that wouldn't play on the basic one yet.

Also if you're running XP you should be on Windows Media Player 11.

Norman Marshall

Quote from: bzpilot on October 23, 2011, 08:11:53 PM

Also if you're running XP you should be on Windows Media Player 11.

Heres my dilemma, if i have xp with wmp9 on my juke the media player wont play all my videos, But it will play my karaoke songs, If i put win7 on with wmp11 on my juke the media player will play all my videos but wont entertain playing karaoke, So, as i want the karaoke to play through etouch ive converted all my videos to mp4 in the hope that wmp9 will play them, i just need to know before i wipe my juke will mwp9 play mp4's or am i going to have to search for the rite codec
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

bzpilot

Quote from: GlennCarnell on October 24, 2011, 05:21:03 PM
Heres my dilemma, if i have xp with wmp9 on my juke the media player wont play all my videos, But it will play my karaoke songs, If i put win7 on with wmp11 on my juke the media player will play all my videos but wont entertain playing karaoke, So, as i want the karaoke to play through etouch ive converted all my videos to mp4 in the hope that wmp9 will play them, i just need to know before i wipe my juke will mwp9 play mp4's or am i going to have to search for the rite codec

A couple things...

1) Windows XP with all the latest updates should be running Windows Media Player 11.  You should really update XP to this.

2) Windows Media player has never natively supported the .mp4 format.  Not in any version of all the way through and including Windows Media Player 11.  It has always required DirectShow filters to do this (which may be an add-on option that automatically installs with Windows 7 by default).  You can see what versions of Windows Media Player natively support what media extensions here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316992

3) You don't need to search for any codecs.  Just install the latest K-Lite Codec Pack (which includes the DirectShow filters for both video and audio) which will allow you to play .mp4 files in any version of Windows with any version of Windows Media Player.  You can download it from here: http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm (all versions of the codec pack linked here will play .mp4 - this includes the Basic / Standard / Full and Mega Packs)

4) You should never have to convert any videos to .mp4.  I have the Full Version of the K-Lite Codec Pack from the link above installed on my jukebox running Windows XP SP3 with WMP 11 and have not come across any video file that wouldn't play through E-Touch. 

Norman Marshall

Hi bzpilot,
              My main objective is to have video and karaoke playing through etouch and i know from experiance and on the forum that wmp 11 will only play a karaoke song once and thats it, after that it wont play another one but wmp 9 will play all nite long, Ive got the full k-lite pack and im going to give that a go for my videos so fingers crossed.

jukejohn

i think it best to convert your files to mp4 simply because mp3gain will normalize them if you have
different types of video files the volume is up and down with different tracks very messy

bzpilot

Quote from: GlennCarnell on October 25, 2011, 09:32:34 AM
i know from experiance and on the forum that wmp 11 will only play a karaoke song once and thats it, after that it wont play another one but wmp 9 will play all nite long

That's news to me.  I've been using Windows XP SP3 with Windows Media Player 11 for a quite awhile now and have had Karaoke parties all night long without a problem.  I think you might want to go back with a clean install and recheck this.  I for one have NEVER seen this issue come up.

Barcrest

Quote from: bzpilot on October 25, 2011, 05:31:32 PM
Quote from: GlennCarnell on October 25, 2011, 09:32:34 AM
i know from experiance and on the forum that wmp 11 will only play a karaoke song once and thats it, after that it wont play another one but wmp 9 will play all nite long

That's news to me.  I've been using Windows XP SP3 with Windows Media Player 11 for a quite awhile now and have had Karaoke parties all night long without a problem.  I think you might want to go back with a clean install and recheck this.  I for one have NEVER seen this issue come up.

Same here, i use WMP11 but i know some have had issues.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

In all honesty guys i dont think ive tried using xp sp3 with wmp 11, if memory serves me right i think im assuming wmp 11 wont play karaoke because im trying it with win 7 installed and not xp mmmm, ive got xp back on so here go's

draginit

me too. XP wmp11,  karaoke no problem..most used feature on my juke!! ;)
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

Norman Marshall

Quote from: draginit on October 26, 2011, 04:33:34 AM
me too. XP wmp11,  karaoke no problem..most used feature on my juke!! ;)
Videos aswell?

draginit

Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

Norman Marshall

Well,  So far so good, ive checked all the videos that wouldnt play in xp before and now that ive put xp sp3 and k-lite on there all working, now i just need to do karaoke.

Norman Marshall

I dont flipping believe that, all that shit i went through to get video and karaoke to work through e-touch and all i had to do was xp sp3, wmp9 and flipping klite, what a tw@, i cant believe how easy that was, Thanks to all those who gave advice.

Barcrest

At least you are up and running now that is the main thing.  :beer
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...