News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Will this kind of betabrite work with etouch?

Started by urbecrisch, May 23, 2013, 05:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Risim

Good question b/c I'm thinking of buying a couple also.

Barcrest

Depends if the USB set up a vitrual com port and if it accepts the betabrite or alphasign syntax for messages.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

I also have the opportunity to buy a betabrite used for $50. No remote. Is it worth it cause betabrite will definitely work with etouch?

Barcrest

Well beta brite will work 100% that other sign you linked not so sure but might be able to add support for it if there is a manual.

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

Can a betabrite work without the remote? Would I be able to use it with kitchi or etouch without the remote?

Barcrest

Quote from: urbecrisch on May 24, 2013, 11:52:54 PM
Can a betabrite work without the remote? Would I be able to use it with kitchi or etouch without the remote?

Yeah with E-Touch it works via serial cable.

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

I am going to pull the trigger with a betabrite hopefully this week so I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions.  Barry, is it possible that Etouch could access the internet with the betabrite to display an rss website feed?  For example, let's say I have the betabrite led display showing Etouch info, can you add to Etouch the option to toggle between displaying what's on the jukebox and an rss feed?  Sometimes I would want the jukebox info on the betabrite but I think it would be cool to be able to display an rss feed too, like sports scores.  Is this even something that could be done?

Barcrest

Quote from: urbecrisch on May 30, 2013, 05:25:00 AM
I am going to pull the trigger with a betabrite hopefully this week so I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions.  Barry, is it possible that Etouch could access the internet with the betabrite to display an rss website feed?  For example, let's say I have the betabrite led display showing Etouch info, can you add to Etouch the option to toggle between displaying what's on the jukebox and an rss feed?  Sometimes I would want the jukebox info on the betabrite but I think it would be cool to be able to display an rss feed too, like sports scores.  Is this even something that could be done?

It could be added in the future however the current beta already has quite a long request list. There is a chance that there is 3rd party software that already does this. Obviously you are then left with an either or situation. It is certainly something i would like to add in the future.

Jukebox Stats...