Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Yet another suggestion....

Started by urbecrisch, December 10, 2013, 09:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

urbecrisch

Only trying to makes things better Barry :)  Have an idea and was wondering if you could incorporate into etouch.  Years ago I used a juke program called Ultimate Jukebox (UJ).  At the time etouch was in its infancy stage and was too difficult to operate (so I thought).  Ever since v5 I have been using etouch.  UJ had some cool features even though etouch blows it out of the water now. 

One of those features I thought was nice was the ability to use star ratings within the program for individual songs.  If the track was already tagged with a star rating the program would integrate it upon adding the album to the library in UJ.  Then a user could use the star ratings as a setting for random play.  So I guess what I'm asking is can etouch support this feature of selecting star ratings in the track view and then can the star ratings be an option for random play?  It could be set up to play any song from 1-5 stars or all stars. 

Ok, now for your response...

Barcrest

The random play is pretty extensive now, I can add support for star ratings in there easily. Letting a user pick the star ratings involves me altering the MP3 tag and this is something I really don't like doing because if I do it wrong and mess up some peoples mp3's they will not be happy.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

Barcrest

Songs were able to be rated on the now playing screen with a thumb up or down. As the actual value for star ratings is 255 this could have incremented it by 1 so slowly songs could be rated up or down over time. Songs with no previous rating could be set to 3 stars on first up vote. It was something I really had considered looking at, I guess I could put the option back in with the voting thumbs but it would be at the users risk if it somehow corrupted the tags.

A lot of the stuff I want to get implimented I really need help with to create content to support it like the improved sports announcements or the change to the fan art.

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

I do remember the thumb rating which I personally didn't like.  It's no prob, just always throwing out ideas.  Some stick, and others don't.  As far as the updated fanart, I really like that feature.  It doesn't noticeably lag my program and I love the different pics for each artist.  I would love to test out the sports ticker but I have yet to get a display.  Thought I had one months ago but the seller kept backing out.  I have not been able to find any good deals lately on displays.

Barcrest

Yeah that thumb thing was using some old graphics I cobbled together. My new implementation would just be 2 PNG's to vote up or down the rating with the rating displayed as stars as it is now. Hmm... Not sure... It was something I was thinking about but as I said I don't really like altering peoples tags.

Jukebox Stats...