Main Menu

collections

Started by jukejohn, August 31, 2011, 10:34:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jukejohn

is the collections not working cant seem to get the cvr to create them

Mark Norville

Hi John,

I know that your question is old now, and not been answered before, so I will bring it back from the dead as I have just given it a try. Yes collections are working in 9.16 but I can see the collections, and then when I click on one it shows me 10 albums, but it does not seem to have an up and down button, I will check to see if it is hidden somewhere.

I was about to type what a waste of time this was, but then I saw the function to create CVR via a text file and my words was "You Little F**King Beauty"

If someone is reading this and do not know how to use it

1) Goto Collections folder (You will see some text files such as Rolling Stone TOP 500 Albums)
2) Click on CVR Creator in the main folder (Click as run as admin of course)
3) Click on Copy Using List and then load a text file (bit of patience now)
4) You have the option of not including missing albums (up to you if you use this or not)
5) Save CVR file to your collections directory call it what you want
6) Now go back to collections folder with a JPG file and make sure that it matches the collection name you have just done. Music Album Test.CVR and Music Album Test.JPG

Now when you click collections on some if not all skins, it will display your collection and be as if you are selecting albums from your jukebox as normal.

Hope this helps someone.

Regards

Mark

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Yeah that is exactly how it works, it is so you can group albums together for a specific reason.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...