Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

looking for some input

Started by mmalficia, August 06, 2008, 12:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmalficia

hi again folks  well think ive found something to work with   so far ive managed to cobble together a fake button that would toggle threw the display modes.. it has some limitations atm thou   :

mainly its non mobile  its actually a image overlaying a set  pixel region on the display so ide like to know from touch screen users  a if   on a 1024/768  display  is 50/50 pixels adequate  ?  larger/smaller ? (obviosly this is present during all screen modes  so it would show up even durring full screen display of the vis)     

i might be able to cobble together a config file that would allow  one to chose witch of the four screen corners to place the button. but for a first run is upper left suitable ?   (the original idea was to have click_hold drag functionality but  that requires  another outside dll and  ide like to keep my headaches at a minimum till this is fully functioning :>  )

also atm this approach only supports xp or later  is that an issue ?

thanks for any input

Barcrest

I don't mind adding a button to freebox for this if you let me know what you want the button to do.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

mmalficia

smile  Thanks Barry,   well not sure how yad go about it in freebox.. all the button does is send a series of command lines  to the  freebox wrapper on each press (press 1 command 1, press 2 command 2 , ect)  the  problem is to make sure it doesn't poof  on the third transparency (when i fully hide freebox ). Also the commands are system specific (where shit is installed and deriving the process ids of  the vis and freebox.  ) so it reads the  needed input from a ini. (edit : actualy just thought about it  i could put all that  in the wrapper and  just have the button call loop 1, loop 2, loop 3...repeat )  

originally  i just had a big transparent button sandwiched between freebox and the vis   so any interaction that wasn't  caught by a freebox  button was caught by mine..   this newer approach  seems  to lower  the system requirements  (if ya can run freebox  and winamp at the same time   my wrapper  shouldn't degrade performance any   worse )   so it  should be usable by a wider audience. 

the main thing is im trying to  make this so folks can  "build their own"  skins  too  while still making this  fully  touch screen usable ).

atm i have a working system its just pretty strickt on the end user. its  coin toss realy   if its in freebox as a button its  probably more versitile for the skin makers.  but  ill need to think of a way  to send the buttons screen location,(mabey pull it from skin.ini) to the wrapper so it dosnt  make  it trasparent too on a full screen hide. if  its done outside freebox  i dont have that issue (not the same proccess)  but  its looking like people would be stuck to haveing a hard coded size in one of the four corners.(those are the easyest for me to "cut out" so the button allways  shows nomatter what rendering phase your in. )

guess its something to think about  but atleast for now i know there is a method that works for pure touchscreen and  wont kill a modest system :>

Mmal