Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Singles in 1 album file

Started by glenndar, December 21, 2010, 11:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenndar

Hi everyone
I have tried to find the solution to my problem in the threads but have had no luck:
I don't have mp3 albums, only approx 8000 mp3 singles. I want to create album covers like 60's, 70's etc and put the relevant singles in that folder then want etouch to display the album covers only for these files...if that makes sense....how do i do this??
So basically it will show only 6 or 7 album covers that when selected will list all the tracks that can be selected from that genre....want this to be a simple process so if my friends use it they can do so with ease...
Can anyone help with this...i want to make sure it works before i purchase the software...which leads me to another question...what is the difference between the demo version and the full purchase version
Any help would be greatly appreciated as the sole use of this jukebox will be for the singles I have.
Thanks

Barcrest

You need to organise them into seperate folders with each folder displaying as an album so you have something like;

c:\music\hits of the 70's\track01.mp3 ....
c:\music\hits of the 80's\track01.mp3 ....

Then use a program such as tag & rename to make sure all the tacks in an album have the same album name.

\hits of the 70's\ Should all have the Album name Hit's of the 70's

You can do that for all of them with 1 click, go into the folder and right click a track and select open in tag and rename and it will load up showing you all the songs in that folder. Select multi tag edittor at the top and put a check mark in the album name and enter the album name then click save tags.

You need to do that for each album.

Then place an image in the folder called cover.jpg and a smaller version of that image called coversmall.jpg cover.jpg should be about 400 x 400 and the smaller one will be fine at 140 x 140.

The you can launch the e-touch/freebox config and brows to the \music\ folder and click generate.

You will then be good to go with what you want.

The difference between the demo and the full version is the demo will only play for 30 minutes.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

glenndar

Thanks for the response
Does it matter that each mp3 has it's own album art embedded in it? will that confuse the system?
And because i will only have 6-7 actual albums can the main screen only show these and not the empty album boxes?
And lastly, if i put them in files such as c:\Documents & Settings\Music\Hit's Of The 70's\Artist-Track.mp3 can i still search for artists or track names with no problems?

Sorry for all the questions but I've tried about 12 different softwares and want to get it right
Thanks

Hitbig

Of course you can do all that and much more. I'll let somebody else give you a feed back, but if you are
not comfortable with the suggestion, I'll give you mine. That because a more expertise user than me can give a better alternative.
Question, are you familiar taggin' MP3?? No offense.

:beer

glenndar

Thanks

Yes I am familiar with tagging...I just wanted to clarify that I understood Barcrest's response correctly as there's no tutorial to explain this part

Any suggestions you can also provide will be appreciated to the fullest extent

andowhy

Yeah, you can do all of what you are requesting, you can change the skins to display differing amount of album boxes, and having the albums as /hits of the 70s/artist-track.mp3 works fine.  you can search by artist or track as normal.  i have plenty of artist albums, and various albums like the Now series, best of the 70's etc etc which all work fine, once tagged correctly. (the main emphasis being on tagged).

Barcrest

Quote from: glenndar on December 21, 2010, 06:37:55 PM
Thanks for the response
Does it matter that each mp3 has it's own album art embedded in it? will that confuse the system?
And because i will only have 6-7 actual albums can the main screen only show these and not the empty album boxes?
And lastly, if i put them in files such as c:\Documents & Settings\Music\Hit's Of The 70's\Artist-Track.mp3 can i still search for artists or track names with no problems?

Sorry for all the questions but I've tried about 12 different softwares and want to get it right
Thanks

The embedded art is not used so you will be fine, you can also place the music where you suggested just build the library on the music folder.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

glenndar

Thanks for your help - i'll give this a try today