Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Config4 "Use Modified Date" option not working E-touch V6

Started by d78, December 24, 2010, 05:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d78

Tried to use the "Use modified date" option for the first time with this version.

If I use this option to generate a database, it causes the following error at E-touch startup.

QuoteError #,"13","Type mismatch","Form1","load_db2","E-Touch v6.0.32","Administrator","JUKEBOX"

If i generate without this option, everything seems to work fine.

I keep and archive all the versions I install. I can verify this happens with every version I have since 6.0.12 up to 6.0.32

I did a fresh install of e-touch on 2 different XP-sp3 computers with the same result.

Barcrest

I'm assuming it is to do with the date format, if you open the config after using that option and look at the date added field, what format is it in and do you see any odd dates in there?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

d78

Yep you're right! it's not understanding the US date format.

I switched my formats in windows regional settings to UK and then generated a new database.

TAH DAHHHHH! it worked!

The day and month are reversed in US format for some reason. 12/24/2010. It seams stupid to me, but by default all US windows installations will be set like this.

Update: E-touch doesn't seem to care, but Config4 seems to corrupt the database if you generate under a US date format.