Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Video Cover Art

Started by ecbrad, October 31, 2009, 05:56:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecbrad

I've spent a painful long time tagging my music videos and it all looks good. Question is though, what do you guys use for Album covers for your music vids?

Cheers,
brad

draginit

when i was doing mine i would google search images to find a generic representation of the band and throw it in the folder.  usually an image with the name but of no specific album and it makes for a nice custom display of band groups..just me tho
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

ecbrad

I've started copying the Fan Art that was linked in here. Only issue is that they all appear to be widescreen so when the thumbnails are generated everyone looks squashed lol

Brad

mr_doles

I am kind of in the same boat here.  I too just use a generic image found from google image search.  I did not do band name in the picture because it is written above it on the selection.  The best advice is find one that is square and sized 320x320 or higher, you can always shrink it to 320x320, but enlarging it looks bad.
My problem is consistancy.  Take a band like Poison do you do a 80 picture or a 2009 picture?  Take a band like Metallica do you do a picture with Robert Trujillo or one with Jason Newsted and what about Cliff Burton?  Def Leppard, one armed Rick Allen or two?

ecbrad

Haha yes bands that actually last more than 10 years create a problem ;)

Brad

Barcrest

I usually just use a greatest hits cover for the videos.... Sometimes i will put the word VIDEOS on the image, depends if i can be bothered really due to the amount of time that actually takes.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

bzpilot

Quote from: Barcrest on November 03, 2009, 01:19:54 PM
I usually just use a greatest hits cover for the videos.... Sometimes i will put the word VIDEOS on the image, depends if i can be bothered really due to the amount of time that actually takes.

Same here, works fine.  More than likely if you've got a video of them, it's probably on the greatest hits album anyway.