News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Modification of tags on various artists??

Started by James77, November 02, 2009, 02:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James77

I have tested this out multiple times, and I cannot seem to locate the issue.  I have a few "albums" of different artists and songs that I have named "Rock" and "Club" etc..  Its shows up under various artists.  I tagged all the songs in that "Club" under the album.  So, when I page through E-Touch, I see "Various Artist" on top of image, and "Club" underneath the image for the album title.  The songs are displayed to show track title then artist in the E-Touch options. 
After a few hours of playing the songs, the tagging becomes modified. The artist names gets dropped from displaying in E-Touch.  Instead it says the song name.mp3.  I exit E-Touch, and I check the tags.  The tags have been changed, though I do not know what is going on. It only happens on the various artist ones, and not all the time.  I made a mirror copy of the files before and after using E-Touch, and you can see the tags have been changed.  Any ideas on what could be going on? 

Thanks

bzpilot

Check for any addons to Windows Media player, they could be causing it.

Another workaround would be to set the directory that they are in to read only so that changes to the files can't occur.

James77

I do not think I have anything installed to Media Player.  I will have to set the folder to read-only, though I would like to try to find the problem.

Thanks

Barcrest

Well there isn't any tag writting code in freebox and it's not an issue i have seen myself. It could be as suggested something in media player, have you got it set to get information about the songs from the internet it might be something in there.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

fordman

Sounds like WMP is trying to read info from the internet databases and is sending the wrong info through WMP to E-Touch. My suggestion, make your E-touch Jukebox a stand-alone box without an internet connection. Update all your music or E-Touch update via thumb drive.

Fordman

James77

Thanks, when I get home I will check to see if there are any related settings in WMP to turn off.  Unfortunately at this point I am using my computer for double duty (I have the touch screen in the wall).  Hopefully in the future I can get a new computer and use this one just for e-touch.

Thanks again

James77

Just to let you know, 4 out of the 17 mp3's were re-tagged.  The original tags were all ID3V2.4

The files that were changed were tagged nothing, just blank ID3V2.2 & IDV1 tags.

Does that look like something WMP would do?  The only option that I saw checked that could effect it was "display media information from internet" under privacy.  I disabled it.  Hopefully this works.

James

Barcrest

Quote from: James77 on November 03, 2009, 12:11:16 AM
Does that look like something WMP would do?  The only option that I saw checked that could effect it was "display media information from internet" under privacy.  I disabled it.  Hopefully this works.

That does sound like it might have done it. E-Touch does not modify tags so it can't be E-Touch the code isn't in there to do it... However i would like to state that the software is always used at your own risk i ain't getting sued for screwing up tags.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

James77

LOL, I am sure its not E-Touch, even if it was it would not matter :)   I just had no clue that WMP could do it.  I will mess around with it this weekend and see if that made any difference.  

Thanks

TheBigBlack

Are you using Tag&Rename? This automatically changes it to 'Various Artists' if you click the 'compilation' button.