Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Version 10 skinning

Started by Mark Norville, May 31, 2016, 06:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Norville

Hi Barry,

Just to ask when version 10 gets released are there any new features that need to be skinned for? Also how close are you to completion?

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

There are currently no new skinning requirements. It is fully working however I am not sure what form it will be released in or when.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

The main new features are,

Online search and play.
E-Touch DJ for random mode.

The online stuff seems to work fine but the E-Touch DJ is giving me a headache.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Do you really need etouch dj for random mode? Unless that is just the pick a random song at a specific interval?

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

It picks songs that are related so the random mode doesn't just switch to some completely off genre track, it's working quite well but it can get stuck.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

I can imagine, it is probably thinking should I play that song by Peter Andre or slit my wrists lol

Barcrest

What happens is it looks at the last song played then looks for related tracks, if you don't have one of the related tracks or it falls foul of the do not play within in X song rule it then checks for similar artists. If you don't have any of those or they also fall foul of the do not play within x songs rule it will then attempt to play something from the same genre as a last resort. Now if there is nothing in the genre that passes the do not play in x songs rule it will stop playing anything and be stuck in this random playing loop. It should fall back to the normal now playing in this case.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

I cannot program any more so cannot give advice on that apart from putting it into lay mans terms. I will go back to basic and literally.

10 if last played = Jazz
20 goto Jazz
30 Play song
40 Else find artist
50 If artist = 0
60 then peek and poke the shit out of it
70 end

Maybe you are just over complicating it? To be honest myself I enjoy all sorts of music and if I heard the same style of music all the time it would drive me insane, remember the random mode is to get people off their arse and put money in a jukebox.

Barcrest

Quote from: Mark Norville on June 01, 2016, 11:13:36 AM
Maybe you are just over complicating it? To be honest myself I enjoy all sorts of music and if I heard the same style of music all the time it would drive me insane, remember the random mode is to get people off their arse and put money in a jukebox.

Ah yes and no... Yeah you want people to put money in however you don't want the random to play hard house, then death metal then pop. It works by basing the random off the last user song played then off each subsequent random song picked. Somoeone else goes and plays a track and the following random is based off that, it actually works well and I can just pop a song on and leave it to do it's thing I just need to tweak that hanging issue which to be fair just needs to switch off the e-touch dj in that situation and fall back to normal random and I should have that working by the end of today.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

As I say maybe you are over complicating it, if you follow my logic and admit that I am right.

My logic is such if I am a heavy metal freak, I would not have hardcore dance music, I would sooner spit on satan. I would not be into abba or maybe not.

So only certain music would be put onto a jukebox anyway, even for a commercial jukebox the range would probably be limited. If say for example an Australian miners jukebox, you wouldn't put a lot of gay music on for example, you would just have it set for a target audience.

However if you was just a music collector and wanted to impress your mates, and have every single album and song that has ever been released then that is another matter, and something you could not control really.

You would need a lot of bias results to be able to base something on, and if a commercial jukebox that is almost impossible.

Just admit that I am right lol

Barcrest

The similar tracks are pulled from the web so that part doesn't require any work on the juke and with the online search people can play anything they want regardless of your collection. I think i have it all sorted now anyway.

Jukebox Stats...