Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Using download button with ipod

Started by Rob_Hendley, January 20, 2010, 07:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob_Hendley

Howdy,

Just tried this out using file transfer to the ipod, but the ipod wont recognise the music on there.  It must have an internal database file.

Any ideas?

Shaggydo

Quote from: Rob_Hendley on January 20, 2010, 07:56:44 PM
Howdy,

Just tried this out using file transfer to the ipod, but the ipod wont recognise the music on there.  It must have an internal database file.

Any ideas?
ipod needs a software to transfer the files , could be a 3rd party software or itunes, without it you can only use the ipod to transfer files as and usb  stick the use itunes to transfer the mp3s to your ipod.

fordman

iPods are a funny little gadget! Apple wanted to make the iPod exclusivley for itunes and the iTunes format, but found out that the mp3 was a force to be reconned with! So they came out with the nano to cash in on the mp3 market.

Its the VHS vs Betamax war all over again! iPod is holding its own, but mp3's are far more of a flexible and transferable format!

Not all iPods can play mp3's and it sounds like yours cant! Use iTunes to transfer your mp3's to the iTunes format!

You will find out, most prefer mp3!

Fordman

Rob_Hendley

Bugger.  I guess that saves me having to decide where to put the usb port!

Barcrest

The do use a database system and rename the mp3's. Seems like the tag info is all stored in the DB along with the link to the files.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Rob_Hendley

Sounds like an attempt to create a monopoly to me...

Barcrest

Quote from: Rob_Hendley on January 21, 2010, 01:41:54 PM
Sounds like an attempt to create a monopoly to me...

Well you can use mp3's and there are 3rd party apps to let you put them on so it's not really a monopoly but they did make it more geared to the ITunes store so they could make more money selling the tunes. In part this is what helped make it successful because people forget there were portable mp3 players availble long before the Ipod and to be fair they were not bad.

More info here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_audio_player
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

If you want to transfer your MP3's directly to your IPod you can load the program Rockbox http://www.rockbox.org/ onto your IPod and transfer the MP3's directly to it. It's an app that loads ontop of the IPod software and just loads a new boot program to load the Rockbox app, it can be removed easily if needed. You can check out there website.

Rob_Hendley

I think eist has cracked it! - cheers pal