Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Attract Mode.

Started by Norman Marshall, April 01, 2010, 05:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norman Marshall

Hi guys,
          can we have a tutorial on setting up attract mode please, i can't seem to get mine working, I've copied all my fanart jpg's to the attract folder and i think ive ticked all the appropiate box's, but when the attract mode kicks in all i get is a blank white screen with a little black info box in the top left corner. Thanks in advance.
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Mark Norville

Sorry for bringing this back from the dead but of all the things that I can do, the attract mode is the one that I know least about.

E.G shockwave flash, adverts etc etc

Can any one help with an idiots guide or a starting point on how to get started.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Risim

You have to correct the path in the atract settings page.  It should reacd c:\e-touch jukebox 9\attract or something or other.  Just make sure it matches where you have your jpegs.

Quote from: GlennCarnell on April 01, 2010, 05:49:00 PM
Hi guys,
          can we have a tutorial on setting up attract mode please, i can't seem to get mine working, I've copied all my fanart jpg's to the attract folder and i think ive ticked all the appropiate box's, but when the attract mode kicks in all i get is a blank white screen with a little black info box in the top left corner. Thanks in advance.

Mark Norville

Cheers I shall try that in a second.

Barry you fooking useless Brummie you

What the fook is this? C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox 7\Attract I think someone needs to update this don't you lol
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mark Norville

Nope still getting a white html page with nothing playing but I shall try something a sec

Mark Norville

I keep getting it looping for some reason, it starts playing the file and then goes to something else, any ideas?

Gaucho

What do you mean by something else. Another image/swf file?

Barcrest

Try adding a trailing \ to the attract path.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Got another problem at the moment, trying to get mp4 to work, but saying that IE 11 does not play mp4 but I am not going to let it beat me, it will do what I want

Mark Norville

I think that I have found a bug or possibly.

I can play the mp4 in internet explorer but when I try loading into etouch it does not play ball.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<video width="320" height="240" autoplay>
  <source src="bros.mp4" type="video/mp4">
  <source src="movie.ogg" type="video/ogg">
  Your browser does not support the video tag.
</video>

</body>
</html>

Barcrest

Anything to do with html not working properly is out of my control.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

I am using IE 11 I would imagine that some are using earlier versions. It is difficult to know how to handle this unless you can send me an example of something you know that works that I can try on my system and then I can give some feedback. I swear there must be a way or if it is something to do with the settings, a screen grab from your settings would be good.

Barcrest

I don't use videos for attact mode with html, i have never said that works. This is why people were using SWF files.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Yeah I cannot even get swf to work though so not sure if it is the browser or not.

Risim

Quote from: Mark Norville on February 28, 2016, 02:49:33 PM
Yeah I cannot even get swf to work though so not sure if it is the browser or not.

Swf work perfectly for me Mark.  I have 6 swfs in my atract folder and  in my atract setting I have ticked swf thats it.  I am also playing around with these vids templates to see if they work with etouch by converting them to swf. But still not there yet.