Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Attract Mode.

Started by Norman Marshall, April 01, 2010, 05:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Norville

Are you using IE 11 though? I have installed abode flash player 20 even though I cannot find it on my start up menu, and when I try to run a SWF it keeps asking me what to open the program with, so maybe that is part of the reason.

I shall try and do a video tomorrow of what is happening on my system.

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Risim

My comps have stock Explorer I think its 9.  I just install this:
http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html
Because most of my pc are offline

Mark Norville

I'll try it on my cab but that is IE 11 as well but I do not use it that much so probably is virus free. I know that I have a virus on this one somewhere. If need be I can try and see if you can still download IE 9. I have got that flash installed though on this one. I shall have a proper look once I wake up a bit more.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Just select IE to open up the the SWF with and you should be good to go. Flash is a plugin for I.E. so you will not see an icon for it.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Just an update on this I have got swf and mp4 playing on my cab with IE 11 installed. I am using 9.20 on my cab as not updated I need to increase the screen size though.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<embed width="800" height="400" src="starfield.mp4">

</body>
</html>

That is what I have for the MP4 file and it is working.

Something is wrong on the test PC though it is not playing the starfield file like it does on the cabinet.

Barcrest

Try installing the latest K-Lite coedc pack as it might be a codec issue.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

The latest version of k is on here but not on the cabinet. I have mp4 running on my cab but it did not seem to like having two videos there, unless you need one html file and then a play list of files.

Mark Norville

Another update I have installed 9.24 on my cab I have MP4 running I can adjust the size of the HTML page but the video does not get bigger e.g if you have for example

(BLANK)                 (PICTURE)              (BLANK)

The picture does not stretch that far if you stretch the HTML file to fit then it cut off some of the picture.

It may mean that you have to render video at the size that you want it to be. However I can 100% say that MP4 is working with audio on 9.24 and on IE 11 on at least one of my systems.

Barcrest

Quote from: Mark Norville on February 29, 2016, 12:09:03 PM
The latest version of k is on here but not on the cabinet. I have mp4 running on my cab but it did not seem to like having two videos there, unless you need one html file and then a play list of files.

I would have thought you need one html file per video.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

I just tried rendering a video to the size that I wanted for example 1400 x 800 the black bars would fill the screen but the video would still be in the same place as playing a music video.

So close and yet so far at the moment, still am finishing for tonight but I can see what I want in the end and it is looking good. I might have to change my skin design a little bit and do a bit more work but the fact that touch genie shows other menu and bottom menu as well means I may need to change my strategy a bit and strip things out.

Frustrating but all good fun.

Risim

Just throwing this out there.  Etouch attract mode does Not resize all pic, or swf to full size.  I have 3 different resolutions on my jukes and I have to make 3 different types of attract pic/swf matching the resolution so that they can show properly at fullscreen.

Barcrest

I am sure with the correct HTML you can make the video fill the webbrowser and as such fill the screen in e-touch.

This might be of help.
http://fvsch.com/code/video-background/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Just to add to this I do not think that eTouch likes html5

Your browser does not support the video tag.

I can play html5 files and video in my browser, however when I try in eTouch I get that message.

I will try on my cab as I have buggered up this PC again where I had things working the video is not playing, video keeps defaulting to quicktime rather than flash.

Time for bed I suppose gone 3am :(

This is the html for html5

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<video width="320" height="240" autoplay>
  <source src="a.mp4" type="video/mp4">
  <source src="a.ogg" type="video/ogg">
  Your browser does not support the video tag.
</video>

</body>
</html>

Not sure if someone can get that working on there system, I shall boot up the cab either today or tomorrow just to check.