Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

update error

Started by jukejohn, February 20, 2013, 04:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jukejohn

getting runtime error 76 when i update

Norman Marshall

I would try the usual fix john, Delete the cvr and cvx and then regenerate your library
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

jukejohn

yes ashame would be nice to simply press update button though

i know this has been a problem for sometime but can live with it

Barcrest

Quote from: jukejohn on February 22, 2013, 03:03:19 PM
yes ashame would be nice to simply press update button though

i know this has been a problem for sometime but can live with it

Not an issue i can recreate hence i can't fix it.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

I tried to use the update feature a few weeks ago and only one song got loaded into the library, the fact mine doesn't work right isn't a problem with me as I always delete the two files and re-generate me library
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

jukejohn

what i dont get on some releases it as worked
the same version 8.05 i use on my win7 laptop and
a standalone juke using xp on the laptop update works on xp i get error  ???

Barcrest

Quote from: jukejohn on February 22, 2013, 03:37:26 PM
what i dont get on some releases it as worked
the same version 8.05 i use on my win7 laptop and
a standalone juke using xp on the laptop update works on xp i get error  ???

With the same music library? Could be an invalid character in the library somewhere.

Googling says it's a path not found error so it looks like it is trying to write something to an invalid path...

Jukebox Stats...

Peja

Hey all....new here.  I am also receiving this error and am using Win 7 64 with UAC turned off.  Also my install directory is C:\

Where do I find the cvr/cvx files to delete them?  I just did a fresh install and then ran the config...everything worked great.  Then ran the juke program played around with it and then closed it down.  Now I can't get back into config to update new albums or artwork.

I really want to buy the lifetime membership once I complete my juke build, I just need to know how to get past these bugs first.

Thanks everyone for all of the help!!

Barcrest

If you do a generate then it will overwrite the CVR and REC files... You need to have the clear box checked for artist, year and genre for it to clear those also.

Jukebox Stats...

Peja

Quote from: Barcrest on May 28, 2013, 10:51:02 PM
If you do a generate then it will overwrite the CVR and REC files... You need to have the clear box checked for artist, year and genre for it to clear those also.
Barcrest, I currently cannot get back into the Configure program.  the runtime error happens while trying to load it.  while running this demo I have just reinstalled everytime I need to get back into the configs section.

any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated thank you!

Peja

Barcrest

Quote from: Peja on May 29, 2013, 01:47:36 AM
Quote from: Barcrest on May 28, 2013, 10:51:02 PM
Barcrest, I currently cannot get back into the Configure program.  the runtime error happens while trying to load it.  while running this demo I have just reinstalled everytime I need to get back into the configs section.

any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated thank you!

Peja

What happens when you try and launch the config? You could delete the E-Touch folder and make a fresh install.

Jukebox Stats...

Peja

Barcrest,

When I run the config, it comes up with run-time error 76.  In order to be able to get back into the config program, I have to uninstall e-touch and then reinstall.  From there I can run it.  But once I open up the Juke program again, I can no longer get into it. 

I hope this helps with the trouble shooting.  As for deleting the e-touch folder....I assume you mean uninstall everything and then reinstall?

Thank you for your time.

Barcrest

Quote from: Peja on May 29, 2013, 09:10:28 PM
Barcrest,

When I run the config, it comes up with run-time error 76.  In order to be able to get back into the config program, I have to uninstall e-touch and then reinstall.  From there I can run it.  But once I open up the Juke program again, I can no longer get into it. 

I hope this helps with the trouble shooting.  As for deleting the e-touch folder....I assume you mean uninstall everything and then reinstall?

Thank you for your time.

When you run the config are you running it as admin? If you right click the app and select properties you can select to always run it as admin. It sounds like that is where your issue lies as the error you are seeing is a path not found error.

Jukebox Stats...

Peja

Unfortunately, when I run it as admin either through the start menu or through the directory using the config8.exe, I still get the same run time error 76.  I have checked the run as admin under the properties and even went into the "change settings for all users" and checked the run as admin box. 

Even right clicking and choosing run as admin doesn't seem to work.  There is only one account on this computer which is an admin account. 

Not sure where I am going wrong here or if I needed to check that run as administrator box before running it for the first time?

Thanks for your time and patience with this.

Peja

So I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I just loaded e-touch demo onto my work computer and everything seems to be working correctly.  Granted, I only loaded one album instead of my whole library.  My cover.jpg didn't show up so I checked the use first image found button and then it showed up. 

Do I need to go through and make sure everything is titled cover.jpg?  Is that what is causing the problems.  I think I have some called folder.jpg as well. 

I assume I don't need to generate any thumbnails or copy and rename first file found if they are all cover.jpg?

Thanks for any help you can give me.