Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Updating database and starting freebox through commandline

Started by Novalak, January 08, 2009, 05:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fordman

I tried to just use /UPDATE, but it didnt seem to do anything. So I guess I had to Generate a new database?  ??? Not sure.

I havent played with this long enough to really know what I'm doing yet. I was at work messing with it, now I'm at home and have a few moments to fool with it more.

I'll keep ya's posted!  :beer

UPDATE: This is why I used the /NEW command in the batch file string:

I kept getting this error everytime.

Fordman

allroy

we're in the same boat.  I'm at work too.  bouncing back and forth between what i'm SUPPOSED to be working on and what I WANT to work on.   :beer

like I said before it seems like the /update switch should use the info stored in the INI file.  it'd be awesome if it did that.  makes it pretty simple.  Just like launching the program and clicking the update button.

That seems like it'd be the most useful.  once you have your default options set up in the config, how often do you change them?  for me it's easy.  never.

fordman

Same here, I dont really ever change the config4.exe options at all.

I have mine setup just the way I like it.

Every now and then someone comes over and says "Hey, can this do ???? " and i'll play with it after they leave and find out if it can.

If I cant get it to do what is asked, then I answer to them with a "NO! tried that already." Then usually they just reply 'OK!'.

:beer

Fordman.

allroy

typically changes people ask about aren't with the database building process though, right?  it's usually something that can be configured through the program's options. 

also, I get that same error you put up, but if you add the other switches telling it where to get the data from, it works.  but still seems to rebuild the entire db in a way that doesn't look right to me.

fordman

My albums look good when E-touch starts up. Nothing different than using the config4.exe regularly.

I take a closer look and report my findings!
:)
Fordman

allroy

i'll take a screenshot tonight if I can but it's not right.   :tommy

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

fordman

The Mrs. gets home 3 hours after I do  ;D and I dont have to pick up the boy untill 6:15pm so that gives me a few hours to tinker!  :beer

I also umpire baseball in my "Spare" time.  ;D

The Mrs. is really understanding!  ::)  :beer

Fordman  ::)

allroy

Quote from: Barcrest on June 15, 2009, 11:07:11 PM
Someone has spare time sand mrs...  :beer

mine ain't gone yet.  leaves tomorrow...well later today actually

fuck i'm tired.  i got my before screen shot, i'll have to get the after tomorrow.  i'm rebuilding the database right now....g'night.

Barcrest

Quote from: allroy on June 16, 2009, 05:48:01 AM
Quote from: Barcrest on June 15, 2009, 11:07:11 PM
Someone has spare time sand mrs...  :beer

mine ain't gone yet.  leaves tomorrow...well later today actually

fuck i'm tired.  i got my before screen shot, i'll have to get the after tomorrow.  i'm rebuilding the database right now....g'night.

How about now?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

allroy

well for whatever reason it worked last time I did it.  it'd still be nice if it used the defaults when just using the /UPDATE switch or if you could at least tell it to check all the other boxes. with other switches.