Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Freebox not loading

Started by mwong168, November 05, 2010, 11:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwong168

Hello everyone,

I just got my computer all setup for my jukebox.  It's an AMD Athlon XP with 1GB of DDR ram.  I have TinyXP rev009 installed.  I installed the latest released for V6 and all went through fine.  I ran the E-touch config and setup my database and all good so far.  Then when I try to launch the program it complains about WMP.DLL file but I searched here and found a thread and got the file and no more error when I try to launch except now nothing happens  ???  I even downloaded the latest K-lite 4.90 that was also in that same post and still nothing.  Any ideas and am I better off installing Windows XP Pro?  I just prefer TinyXP cause it runs so much smoother and less bloat from M$.

I have also installed and played around with the software at my work which is running Windows 7 and didn't run into any of these issues.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have to go out and run some errands now with the wife and daughter.  I might just format and put XP Pro when I get home.  Thanks.

Mike

Barcrest

You don't have windows media player installed... You have 2 options.

1/ Install WMP 10 or 11 on your XP install and you are good to go.

2/ Open up the freebox.def file which is the defaults if you don't have a freebox.ini and change the number after engine from 1 to 0 and it will use active movie instead of WMP.

The dll you are missing is part of Window Media Player
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...