Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Excuse the Noob questions...

Started by modessitt, April 15, 2010, 10:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

modessitt

Got a couple that a casual search didn't really clarify (or I missed):

1)  Does the ETouch software have a media player built-in, or does it use the default media player for the computer?  And if it is default, will it change which is used simply be changing which is the default outside of the software?

2)  I assume the FanArt is selected based upon the Artist Tag info of the file, and not the folder structure where the files are located, correct?  So a Various Artists folder could have individual FanArt per song as long as the file is tagged properly with the Artist name?

3)  Are there restrictions on what file extensions are recognized during the Config search?  For example, I know .mp3 works, but what about .wma and others?  And for video, will .mpg, .avi, etc work, or do they need a specific format as well?

4)  While I plan to start with a 1TB hard drive, there may come a time when my collection of songs and videos may require multiple HD's.  How will that work with E-Touch?

Thanks for the help.  I still need to go through all the tutorials, so I apologize if some of this is answered there....

Sparky23

1. E-Touch uses WMP. 
2. Fanart works with the names in the tags of your albums as long as the fanart image and the album tags are the same name they will show up fine. I don't have any fanart for various albums yet so I can't help you there.
3. Most of the file extensions you mentioned work and most of all the others do too. Just look in the config tool to see which ones are supported.
4. Can't help you with that I haven't filled up my 1 TB drive yet.  =)

Cary_B

#4 Point config at your first directory, build your library.  Then point it at your second directory, and update your library.  This will allow you to have as many directorys as you need, spread across as many drives as you have. (Barry, correct me if I'm wrong on this.)

Barcrest

#2 yes on the now playing screen it will show the image based on the artist playing. So if you pick a track from a compilation album you will see the specific artist fanart when it is playing. However when looking at the album you will see the various artist fan art.

Looks like the guys have answered all your other questions already.  :beer
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...