Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Cheap E-Bay touchscreen - good product?

Started by modessitt, April 11, 2010, 04:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

modessitt

http://cgi.ebay.com/ELO-15-ET1520L-8UWR1-TOUCHSCREEN-MONITOR_W0QQitemZ220586213423QQcmdZViewItemQQptZComputer_Monitors?hash=item335bf6802f#ht_1058wt_1165

While ELO has the 1520 driver packs online, they don't even list the 1520L as a discontinued or active model, so I can't check the specs.

Still, I'm hesitant since most ELO's are not cheap ($199+) and a quick search of this model found a lot of sellers listing them at under $100. Not sure if that speaks to an overabundance or a cheap quality.

I really need an affordable touchscreen for my 1st project, and want to make sure this will work.

Thanks....

dbeeks1

I don't know the exact model, but I've ordered a couple of 15" ELO USB touchscreens form that seller.  They work well.  I got one with the glass missing.  The seller was quick to send a replacement.  No need to return the defective one.
"Turn the jukebox up," he said dancing in irreverance, "Play C-3 let the song protest."

fordman

I give that seller a 'Right-On' as well. They have sold me 6 in the past year and all were good! Oklahoma to Ohio in 4 days after purchase was fast in my book! Almost everyone that has had an issue with the touchscreens purchased through these guys have been sent replacements at no charge and was told to keep the bad one, which usually means keep the good lcd screen!

The XP drivers should work for that model.
http://www.elotouch.com/Support/Downloads/dnld.asp

Just look for what OS you have and they should work fine!

:beer

Fordman

modessitt

Thanks.  Looks like I found a critical piece of my project...

modessitt

Thanks for the recommendation.  Received my screen today and it works great!  Now I just have to figure out how to remove the front bezel so I can paint it.  Don't want a yellow 'Kodak" one on the jukebox...

fordman

Just remove the tiny screws/and anchor plates along the back side. There are about 6-8 of them for the plastic bezel. Paint, replace! EASY!

:beer

Fordman