Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Using Freebox - Remote Desktop with Droid - verizon

Started by krjamk, January 30, 2010, 04:03:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krjamk

Anyone had any success using a remote desktop program with verizon droid such as remote rdp to control your jukebox? I can get it to display my computer screen/desktop on the jukebox prior to launching freebox but seems to go blank when trying to launch. Just curious if anyone else has tried. It would be a sweet thing to be able to control the jukebox from anywhere within your wifi area.

krjamk

Thinking my issue might be with my computer settings. I tried logging on from the jukebox with my remote login used for the remote desktop and it gives a blue box that says out of range. Any suggestions?

Rob_Hendley

I use remote desktop from Windows 7 in to XP.  However, I already had file sharing setup so I could organise my mp3s on the juke from my laptop.

I have my juke setup to use a remote control (i have a creative labs audigy card with it built in) which may be a better shout for you.  You can get the IR receivers with remote controls cheap as they are used to control DVD playing software from the comfort of your settee.  Can be a bit of a ball ache to set up properly, but with a little perseverance it will work well sweet.

The only thing I can't do with the remote control is switch it on.

My remote desktop only works by logging in to the juke i.e. it cannot take over the session.  This may well be a settings thing, but its the way i like it as my e-touch shell doesn't have admin access.  I then reboot from remote desktop once I have done tinkering and it works fine.