Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Using videos as "visualization" while playing audio files

Started by DogP, June 13, 2010, 08:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogP

Hey,

I'm not sure if this is possible at all, but something I've been thinking would be pretty cool.  I've got an arcade set up in my basement, and I'm adding a Jukebox to play mostly music videos (on a second screen)... but for audio files without videos, I know I can set up visualizations, but for the most part, they get kinda boring after a while (and I couldn't find a simple way to make my own visualizations).

What I think would be nice, is a folder of videos to be (randomly) played while playing mp3s.  I'm thinking I could put some videos of attract modes from arcade games, or something else arcade related.  Of course I could merge a video with audio, but that'd be a waste of space to have the same 50 or so videos merged with thousands of songs.

Does anyone else think this would be nice, and would it even be possible?

Thanks,
Pat

bzpilot

Possible, yes.  Probable, doubtful.  Why, doesn't sound like something that the masses would find useful for a jukebox ...but I could be wrong.  

I see how it would be nice in your arcade room tieing the whole theme together.  Have you looked at the "Attract Mode" settings.

As for good visualizations many of us use G-force.  Millions of different affects/visualizations and completely customizable, including the ability to show cover art, along with song title, artist and album name on the screen at the same time.

Example:

DogP

Thanks for the reply.  I figured it probably wouldn't be a very popular idea, though I wasn't sure if anyone else had a similar situation (like maybe a sports fan who wants videos of big plays from their favorite teams, someone who wants a custom screensaver kinda thing, or really, just any video that's more exciting than random patterns generated to the music).

I haven't looked at the Attract Mode settings much... I set up a quick test with the demo, liked the software, so I donated to get the full version, but I haven't had time to get the full version installed and set up how I like it yet.

I'll check out G-Force too... honestly, I haven't really looked very deeply into visualizations, but I get tired of most visualizations pretty quickly.  I guess it doesn't really matter too much, since most of my music is videos anyway, but I just figured I'd ask, in case it's something that could be done really easily.

Of course I know development time isn't free, so I'd certainly be willing to donate to get this feature... but being a coder myself, I know there's no such thing as a "quick change", and that you're not gonna get rich doing work for donations ;) .

Pat

Barcrest

Hmmm. It could be done but I don't think it's something i will be adding. It would involve playing them in another instance of WMP and monitoring that so the videos keep playing constantly. If there really was more demand for it then it might be worth the workload but as it stands i don't think it's something I will be implimenting.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

DogP

Yep... that's cool... you gotta take care of the features for the masses.  If you ever run out of things to do, there's one person that wants this feature ;) :D :P .

Pat