News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Can you guys show me a pic of your physical setup please?

Started by mikehende, August 12, 2014, 09:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikehende

Hey guys, it will be time soon enough to start hanging indoors so I will be getting the Etouch system soon, before I do I would like to have ideas on how to make he touchscreen itself look as attractive as possible, would you guys mind showing me a pic of the way you have your physical screen setup please, for example, wall mount or Desktop or in some sort of cabinet maybe?

mikehende

I have saved approx. 25 images of different setups, the Touchtunes Jukeobx would be my no.1 choice:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Touchtunes-Jukebox-For-your-Commercial-Bar-Tavern-/321108500315?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Is there a hardware touchscreen available like that which can work with Etouch software please?

Barcrest

You could build yourself a cabinet to mimic the touchtunes one, I am surprised it hasn't been done yet. I repurposed a sound leisure cab that looks like this one.

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

mikehende

Whoa, that looks nice! Can you share the details or direct me to the instructions to build one like yours and can you give me a daytime close up shot [clear view] of your console please? Also, regarding the "sound leisure cab", did you find a used non-functioning one for sale or did you modify a working unit?

Barcrest

Quote from: mikehende on August 13, 2014, 10:39:33 AM
Whoa, that looks nice! Can you share the details or direct me to the instructions to build one like yours and can you give me a daytime close up shot [clear view] of your console please? Also, regarding the "sound leisure cab", did you find a used non-functioning one for sale or did you modify a working unit?

I just purchased a working one and replaced the PC inside with one of a higher spec with large drives to store the media. Add a wireless network card and away you go, you don't need the networks card but I like the internet features like the live football results.

Mine is currently in storage.

Jukebox Stats...

mikehende

Thanks, I just word from Touchtunes, they don't sell to personal, only vendors. Only way to purchase would be from Ebay but they are expensive and way out of my budget right now so I guess I will need to look at something else right now. Just to be clear though, you are using the Etouch software with a sound leisure console?

Barcrest

Quote from: mikehende on August 13, 2014, 02:58:02 PM
Thanks, I just word from Touchtunes, they don't sell to personal, only vendors. Only way to purchase would be from Ebay but they are expensive and way out of my budget right now so I guess I will need to look at something else right now. Just to be clear though, you are using the Etouch software with a sound leisure console?

Yes, inside it's just a normal PC so remove the sound leisure one and install your own. They are relatively cheap to buy here in the U.K. but it will depend where you are. Any of the touchscreen jukeboxes will let you swap out the PC and run your own software. Hooking up the coin mech with something like an ipac is probably the most difficult thing.

Jukebox Stats...

mikehende

Thanks, when you say the Sound leisure consoles are relatively cheap in the UK, can you provide me a link please?

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

mikehende

Thanks, will look into it, here's one from Ebay but I am confused as to what exactly they are selling, can you help please?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-LCD-TOUCHSCREEN-MONITOR-ROCKOLA-ECAST-AMI-TOUCHTUNES-NSM-WURLITZER-JUKEBOX-/291140365754?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item43c9516dba

Are they selling the main console shown in the main pic or something else in one of the other pics shown?

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

mikehende

Oh, I see, thanks. This one from your link looks ok:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/digital-jukebox-in-converted-nsm-cd-jukebox-case-/131265437621?pt=UK_Video_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item1e90079fb5

but would not be my first choice and that is pick only anyway. Now that I know what to look for, I will keep checking ebay on a regular basis, something will come up soon, I'm sure. So to clarify, I will only be needing the housing with a working touchscreen monitor included and I will use my own Hard drive with my music and Etouch software, is this correct?

Barcrest

Quote from: mikehende on August 14, 2014, 04:26:12 PM
Oh, I see, thanks. This one from your link looks ok:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/digital-jukebox-in-converted-nsm-cd-jukebox-case-/131265437621?pt=UK_Video_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item1e90079fb5

but would not be my first choice and that is pick only anyway. Now that I know what to look for, I will keep checking ebay on a regular basis, something will come up soon, I'm sure. So to clarify, I will only be needing the housing with a working touchscreen monitor included and I will use my own Hard drive with my music and Etouch software, is this correct?

Yes that is the easiest way to get up and running.

Jukebox Stats...

mikehende

Thank you very much, will get back here when I do get something I like and/or if I should have any questions, appreciate it!