Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Feature Request

Started by Cary_B, April 01, 2008, 05:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cary_B

First off, let me say so far this is almost exactly what I am looking for in a jukebox program.  I havent donated yet, as I don't have PayPayl, but am working on it.

For the request, I would like a way to turn off, or remove the slider bar for the song position under the now playing icon.  I don't want anybody to have a way to fast forward or skip the song now playing.

Also, a couple of quick things i noticed. (Should be in bug reports probably)

1) If you start the program and it crashes (I have my MP3s on an external hard drive, and if you don't have it hooked up when you start the program it crashes), the task bar is gone, and no way to get it back without a reboot.

2) If you have the playlist option and credits option turned on, and you have no credits left, but view and album and add playlist to cue, your available credits go negative.

3) I am having the same problem as everyone else with the new config program.  It crashes when generate years, or artists is checked, and it seems to lock up when adding a huge number of artists at the same time.  (I have about 650 albums so far, and it doesn't seem to like that many.  I will experiment more and see if I can find a bad one causing the problem or something else.

Again, great program.  Almost perfect.

Barcrest

Quote from: Cary_B on April 01, 2008, 05:35:56 PM
First off, let me say so far this is almost exactly what I am looking for in a jukebox program.  I havent donated yet, as I don't have PayPayl, but am working on it.

For the request, I would like a way to turn off, or remove the slider bar for the song position under the now playing icon.  I don't want anybody to have a way to fast forward or skip the song now playing.

I agree you should be able to turn this off, i will add it to the next release.

Also, a couple of quick things i noticed. (Should be in bug reports probably)

1) If you start the program and it crashes (I have my MP3s on an external hard drive, and if you don't have it hooked up when you start the program it crashes), the task bar is gone, and no way to get it back without a reboot.

Actually if this ever happens you can call up task manager by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL then select FILE and NEWTASK then enter explorer and it should bring the task bar back.

2) If you have the playlist option and credits option turned on, and you have no credits left, but view and album and add playlist to cue, your available credits go negative.

Credits will go negative, they only work if you have paid for commercial use of the program.

3) I am having the same problem as everyone else with the new config program.  It crashes when generate years, or artists is checked, and it seems to lock up when adding a huge number of artists at the same time.  (I have about 650 albums so far, and it doesn't seem to like that many.  I will experiment more and see if I can find a bad one causing the problem or something else.

Again, great program.  Almost perfect.

I suggest you use the older config which should build the library without any problems i will look at the new config and see if i can get a fix out for that.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

spudgunman

is this still a issue with the new config5 release? Im currently trying to work out some bugs on import error handling and this is a lot of time related to bad tags (i can track it to WMA currently) and just need more cases for testing issues. I can add 5k albums currently with only known problems on tags.

also regarding issue with crashing on remote drive I will make a note for B. on that.

Cary_B

Seems to be fixed, but now I am not so sure it was the number of albums.  It seems to be related to ITunes MP4 files.  I have a bunch of Itunes files that I am slowly reburning, and when I add them in, that is when all the problems start.  (If it wasn't for the Ipod, I wouldn't use that piece of cr*p program. It causes more problems then it is worth. Why can't it have a watched folders option, then I could burn to MP3 and it would find them on startup?) But I digress, when I remove all the Itunes burned files out, it seems to work fine.

eist1

The issue is probably that the files are WMA or MP4, which Freebox is not fully compatible with. Your best bet is to convert the files to MP3, which I know may be a pain, but should resolve your issues.

spudgunman

cool thats what I was expecting I will work on some processing for MP4 to handle them better.

my goal here is deal with anything that is capable then properly pass up the ones and log that are not imported so that you dont need to clean up your collection it will just avoid the noid