Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

help with adding video, beta / non mp3 tagger directions

Started by digitalpackrat, April 22, 2008, 02:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

digitalpackrat

I love the look of the program, i've got audio setup, it was pretty easy, some of my audio does show up correctly but for 95%+ does (i'll look into the tags later)

but I can't figure out how to get video files setup.  I have a very large collection of TV shows and Movies I'd like to setup (will this program support TV and movies?)  I attempted to create a video database but nothing shows up.  I have searched the forums and from what i've been able to find most peoples responses are I need to use the beta / non mp3 tagger but the tagger doesn't  make alot of sense, I'm not sure what Tag Information field is for and the fields seem to be geared toward labeling music and not video (song title, cd title, track N.O.  Can someone help me figure out how to use the tagger or point me to a tutorial (i've looked at the online manual but do not see a section for the tagger located at http://www.iamkizer.net/freeboxjukebox/).  Also what exactly does the tagger do?  does it rename the video files?  does it create some sort of data file similar to an id3 tag?

This is (for the most part) how I have my TV shows setup.  (root directory)\TV show name\season number\episode    so for deadwood it looks like this... f:\Deadwood\season 1\Deadwood - 1x01 - Deadwood.avi

Barcrest

You have to tag them using the included beta tag application.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

justtaint

Yes, it creates a data file similar to an ID3 tag.

Use the Artist Tag as the name of the TV Program and the Song Title as either the episode's name or date.

That way it will show up as:

Friends - The One Where Monica And Richard Are Friends
MacGyver - THIEF OF BUDAPEST
Seinfeld - The Stakeout

The beta tagger won't be able to batch process any of your video files.  It assumes one of three scenarios:

• Artist - Title
  • Album Folder\Artist - Title
  • Artist Folder\Album Folder\Title

The last one might work for you if you renamed the files.

The Artist folder would be Deadwood
The Album folder would be Season 1
You'd just have to rename the file so that it would be the title.