Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Bezels?

Started by TeamTEOR, April 28, 2008, 11:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeamTEOR

I have a 15.1-inch NEC MultiSync LCD1550X 15.0-inch (15.0" viewable image size) monitor, it has been integrated with ELO Touch equipment and assembled by Pixelink (who is a NEC partner). Does anyone have a source for 15" bezels to work with these LCD monitors? I wanted to give things a finished look as I go and build the juke case. I found someone who has something to make it a front mounting monitor, but they want $130 ($US) plus shipping for it which is kind of a lot for a piece of plastic I think.

The alternative is to use a thin piece of wood for the front of the monitor and make it look nice with a picture frame border. I kinda wanted it to look a little more professional though.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

eist1

Might want to try one of these from Happ Controls http://www.happcontrols.com/monitors/49010500.htm only around $16.00 they are 13" or 19" but you may be able to get it to work as the inside dimentions look to be close to 15". Good Luck

Thatoneguydavid

there are a lot of paces that will cut custom Plexiglas for really cheep.  maybe you could try some thing like that.

TeamTEOR

Thanks guys. I think that I'll use a thin piece of plexiglass over wood so I can still mount the monitor securely and supply a nice finished tapered lip to the edges of the opening.

Summer is coming, and I have already done my spring garage clean up. So I am gearing up to start building the cab.

mmalficia

another option  if your artistically inclined  ..    is  to make your  mounting frame from wood  but  get a  piece of laminated art board from your local art supply store   and  a professionally printed   overlay..  make your bezel cut  and sandwich that between the plexi and the  wood frame  ..

and  as a recommendation  Scott at mamemarquees  does awesome work  he went way above n beyond  duty  on my last project  and ordered a whole roll of special print paper  on my last build  on the chance it would be used again  cant  ask for better treatment.

Mmal