Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Two configs?

Started by coffee, May 22, 2008, 04:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coffee

Hi All

Is it possible to have 2 config files for the music library?
Let my explain why. I normally have two drives with music on, so sometimes I take one drive to go and update the jukes. When that happens I always need to build the library again and when the drive is back yet again otherwise freebox have an error message when it starts.
Is the a way around this?
Barry, if not will you be able to get freebox to change the config to only one drive or can you get freebox to work from more than one config file? So if freebox can't find all the music, it will load a default config.
I will gladly donate for such a feature.

Coffee

spudgunman

with config6 FJB ?5? this is something we are working on - dont know about current but I do hope to allow this in the next version.

coffee

Yes yes yes, that would be awesome. This will also be nice if you have a wireless hdd.

Barcrest

The quick way would be to build the libraries before hand and then just copy them over onto the juke. If the music path is the same (Same drive letter) then it will work and you don't need to do any updates on site. You need the CVR and REC file for each library. So audio, karaoke and videos...
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

spudgunman

B. all the work frosty and I are dooin make this SUPER EASY so hold off till then

Super easy super easy to code and super easy for the end user

eist1

I think I mentioned this in the past. Would be nice to be able to choose from multiple libraries in the Options screen. Then you could have a USB drive or MP3 player and when you connect it up, you could choose that library, but when it isn't connected you would choose your main library (and if it was still set for the removable drive, and it wasn't connected it would default to the main library without erroring out.)

coffee

Quote from: eist1 on May 24, 2008, 12:58:45 AM
I think I mentioned this in the past. Would be nice to be able to choose from multiple libraries in the Options screen. Then you could have a USB drive or MP3 player and when you connect it up, you could choose that library, but when it isn't connected you would choose your main library (and if it was still set for the removable drive, and it wasn't connected it would default to the main library without erroring out.)

That's a great idea. That's also what I'm looking for.