Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

IR RECEIVER MANUFACTURING

Started by netcat, May 23, 2008, 04:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

netcat

Anybody interested in Remote control functionality for freebox?

I have been researching into building some of THESE

http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/modding/usb_ir_receiver/solder_usb_ir_receiver.html

I believe I can easily make this into a circuitboard, still have to check with my electronic expert friend to see how expensive they would be to manufacture.

Given following conditions:

A. Price is right
B. Barry is willing to built in functionality into freebox
and
C. Enough people are interested

I would be willing to manufacture a dozen or so at COST (plus maybe $5 per unit to be donated to Freebox development)

GImme some feedback guys tell me what you think.

Barry, would this be of interest to you ?

kizer

What kind of remote would it use?

As for functionability I think volume is my really true gotta have it option at least for the moment. Actually next song and pause would be kinda nice.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

spudgunman

i use the ATI remote its RF so no need for IR issues, it also can just map buttons to keyboard so FJB just picks up the keyboard calls.

netcat

as I understand it (as I havent built any yet)

You can train it to use ANY IR remote you have handy

spudgunman

as i see it you dont need support from Barry, the program is compatible with the popular gIRdir application pool install that

http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?http://www.ocinside.de/html/modding/usb_ir_receiver/usb_ir_driver.html

then just keyboard redirect, and use the existing support for keyboard play control for the use of the remote.

you should be able to buy build and try this with no issues.

netcat

He He.

Point well taken. Furthermore I am gratefull for your blessing, actually I had no doubt about my abilities to make it work as I too have used IR remotes in the past wth diverse other receivers and have dabbled with most of the IR software out there.

The point i was trying to make was:

A. Barry could implement some simple code or "we" could figure an easy way to integrate functionality into the jukebox and make it straightforward for the average user.

B. I got to design and etch some circuit boards (which I find most fun to do) Please make reference to my instructions on how to make your own circuit boards on my website www.780tech.com

C. We could have generated some money for the development of the project without asking for more donations

D. We would have enhanced the functionality of the jukebox software, thus making it even more appealing.

Thanks.

spudgunman

well i just guess I was suggesting that the work was done, B put in the keyboard code. which is compatible with everything. Personally the last thing I want the "Stable" jukebox dooin is polling the USBvirtual Com ports when I wouldnt use this. the current implementation is compatible with 90% of the remotes out there already we dont need to do anything else. and the current way is VERY straight foward, set your remote to call keyboard Key P for play, in FJB set the play key to P all done.

your idea for drumming up more cash for the project is great, make the units and just resell for the profit for the project. its a great idea because you can make up a document on how to implement and provide support for them

Barcrest

To be honest, the remotes i have seen used with freebox do so by sending key presses based on what buttons are pressed on the remote. All you need to do is set up the keyboard mapping in freebox. If there is something that needs to be changed to improve this functionality then let me know. Aside from improving the keyboard support i don't think i need to add anything else.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

spudgunman

thats correct B. I dont see any improvements what you have is very through