Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

config tool - looks for changes?

Started by mfacer, June 11, 2008, 09:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfacer

Hi guys - I've been testing this software with about 10 albums. I'm just about ready to add my whole collection now. My question is this; if I add all 350 ish albums then add say 2 new ones to the folder, when I next update the library, will it index all 350 again before adding the 2, or will it "look for changes" and notice it has 350 already in the library, then add 2?

I could try it obv, but I dont have access to the juke at the moment...!

Cheers, Matt.

Barcrest

Config 3 has an update feature to just add the new ones but it's a bit slow. Not sure about config 5 and 6
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

mfacer

how come it would be slow? can we not store a list of files added (simply the paths) then when you select "check for updates" it will go through the specified folder (C:/music or whatever) then generate a new list. Compare the two and then just add the new ones??

I am currently using albumplayer and the check for updates feature on that is pretty good. It searches the directory, finds the new albums and searches for covers if not found. Your software will be replacing albumplayer and in my opinion this could be the one thing it's missing..... sort this out and it's perfect!!

I also have a few mates with jukeboxes and I've just been telling them about your software - so if the management side of things is good - you'll get a few more orders!

Barcrest

Check out config6 and see how you get on with that. Spudgunman and Frosty are working on that as a replacment for config 3. In the mean time i will go back and look at config 3 to see what is up with the import and cross reference it with the stuff Frosty added to config 5.5
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...