News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Song Genre Names Not Showing Up in Tag & Rename But Show Up in Freebox?

Started by eist1, July 15, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eist1

Does anyone know how/why some of the Genre names are not showing up for some of my files in Tag & Rename, but do get noticed in Config3 and are available in the Jukebox? I guess I shouldn't really worry too much about it since it is working in the jukebox, but it is just very weird. I can also see all of the ID3V2 Tag information (Years, Genre) in Zortam and Musicmatch, and everything looks fine. I was thinking maybe if was an ID3V2 version issue, but I have it showing All (ID3V1, ID3V2). Not sure if anyone has seen similar issues.

Barcrest

I only use TAG&RENAME so i make sure it all looks fine in there before i consider them tagged so i have not seen that bug.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

acejas

Instead of choosing ALL look at version 1 & 2 and see if they are the same. i recall having this error before becuase I left it on ALL. Try that for starters and let us know how you go

eist1

Still stays the same whether on ALL or ID3V2 but like i said I can see all of the tags in other programs, just used MP3 Tag Tools, and it also sees all of the tags. I have no idea, as the Tag&Rename site does not have a forum or support link, so will have to try and figure it out.

Update: Well it looks like it was a version issue, I was using an old version, 3.2, and was still having an issue. Got the newest version 3.4.6 and opened the folder, and everything is showing up fine now. I read some of the release notes and in a few versions between that, more ID3V2 support was added, so that may have been an issue. Never really upgraded, as 3.2 was fine until now.

squirrellydw

can you delete all the version 1 tags and just leave version 2?  Anything wrong with do that?  tag and rename can do this I believe?  Just trying to get my tags as clean as possible
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

That shouldn't be a problem but i tend to leave the V1 tags in place.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...