Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

What does the download button do?

Started by robbstech, November 30, 2009, 10:18:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robbstech

Just what does the download button do? :-\

Barcrest

Copies the song to the e-touch download folder. You can then copy these tracks to a cd or an mp3 player.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Shaggydo

Quote from: Barcrest on November 30, 2009, 11:15:05 AM
Copies the song to the e-touch download folder. You can then copy these tracks to a cd or an mp3 player.
How can you do this? do you hook the mp3 then push the download buton?

leeclark2612

You need to copy the song to a cd or use the software provided with the mp3 player to transfer...it doesn't just happen via e-touch...e-touch download folder collects the tracks that you select to copy to cd...

Barcrest

Quote from: abispac on December 11, 2009, 02:08:07 AM
Quote from: Barcrest on November 30, 2009, 11:15:05 AM
How can you do this? do you hook the mp3 then push the download buton?

Select the track as would normally and then click the download track button on the play options screen. If you look in your E-Touch Download folder you will see the file.

Jukebox Stats...

Rob_Hendley

Hmm, interesting.  Would this work:

1. Install an external USB port on the cab

2. Setup e-touch so the directory where it saves the "downloaded" mp3s to is, say, the E:\ drive

3. Connect an ipod in file transfer mode to the external USB port (thereby becoming the E:\ drive)

4. Click download on each song you would like to transfer to the ipod.

This would solve I problem I have about how to incorporate ipod connectivity to my juke and e-touch

fordman

I think that this would be a great feature! Download the song to a specific folder, connect mp3 player then transfer to the mp3 player without exiting E-Touch. Is this feasable to do?

Fordman

Shaggydo

Quote from: fordman on December 17, 2009, 07:38:32 PM
I think that this would be a great feature! Download the song to a specific folder, connect mp3 player then transfer to the mp3 player without exiting E-Touch. Is this feasable to do?

Fordman
yep that would be great..... especyally for the ones that use freebox for a dedicated jukebox...like me...

Barcrest

Quote from: fordman on December 17, 2009, 07:38:32 PM

Fordman

Just create a bat file that moves the contents of the download folder to another drive say E:\ then run the bat file from the RUN feature in the options.

Jukebox Stats...

Rob_Hendley

So, could you add a custom button to the main screen to run the batch file?

Like you click "download" on all the songs u want, then click a button, "send to ipod" to run the batch file?

Barcrest

The run button is in the options section point that to the bat file.

Jukebox Stats...

Rob_Hendley

Hmm I am gonna have to try this new form of black magic once I sober up...

Rob_Hendley

I'm sorry if I'm being stupid, but I have the run button in the options, but cant figure out how to have the run button on the jukebox screen?

Barcrest

You can't have the run button on the main screen however you have just given me a genius idea....

How about this?

When you click download it copies the track to the download folder as it does now however if there is a download.bat it will run that as well afterwards. That way you could make the download button copy the tracks straight to a stick or mp3 player with just the one click of the button?

Jukebox Stats...

Rob_Hendley

That is a genius idea mate - sounds pretty simple to do aswell!

This newfangled MP3 player connectivity would get you some more users i reckon?  You could use it to easily backup the music aswell