Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

What does the download button do?

Started by robbstech, November 30, 2009, 10:18:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

I think i need to add a download album button too at some point.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Rob_Hendley

I see you have added the download.bat functionality - good move.  I will download the latest version later and give it a whirl.  I don't have an ipod myself - the missus does.  Do all ipods have the same file paths?

Shaggydo

Wouldnt be simplier to have freebox look for any external devices and copy the songs directly, instead of using a bat file or copy to the download folder?   When i was looking for a juke software for my touchscreen i found one that does that, once you select the download button it pops a screen where it gives you an option to copy to d: o e: if thats the lleter of the mp3 or memory stick....

Barcrest

I think the solution i have offered gives more flexibility

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Maybe store the location of the USB stick in Freebox and when you click download it just stores to the configured location in the app. If the location changes make the problem of the operator if anything.

Keep it simple
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

Quote from: kizer on December 23, 2009, 10:49:26 PM
Maybe store the location of the USB stick in Freebox and when you click download it just stores to the configured location in the app. If the location changes make the problem of the operator if anything.

Keep it simple

Dude it now runs the download.bat if it exists in the download folder so that can be set to copy to the stick.

Jukebox Stats...

Rob_Hendley

With batch file functionality you can basically do with it whatever you like.  Seems a smart move

I haven't yet tried it, but can you only download 1 song at a time?  May be a bit of a ball ache?

Hitbig

I do no see any problem here, I wonder why seem like it is too complicated.

Basically you have your selection in the E-touch  "download" folder, then go and a simple
copy and paste will do the expected ending result. Ipod or any devices change the drive letter
depending on individual setups. From my point of view E-Touch is working fine.
I do no know what other software do, but jukeboxwise, this point is unnecessary. I think Barry should focus his great efforts in other issues. My opinion.

Barcrest

I am inclined to agree with hitbig and to be honest I feel aside from offering a download album button there is very little else to do here. With the bat file it is even possible to send files via bluetooth or FTP them somewhere it just requires a littlb BAT file knowledge.

Jukebox Stats...

Hitbig

I noticed that when downloading KARAOKE the .CDG part is not in the download folder, only the mp3 part????

Checked this on single track "download"

I was unable to check in "download album" due to I'm using DEMO 5.0.28 and this
function doesn't work at all.